MTMM-extensions only?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
faroutback

MTMM-extensions only?

Post by faroutback » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:31 am

We are using MTMM for history credit for 9th grade. I have read different posts and am wondering about the daily history portion. Do we use just the extensions and the narration plans? If so, what happens to the student notebook? Should we do the written narration for the extension in the student notebook for the day 4 box? Or do we do both the regular history and the extension narrations? Thank you so much for your help.

Nealewill

Re: MTMM-extensions only?

Post by Nealewill » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:38 am

You would do both the extensions and the history portion. But the part that you could omit (if you felt like it was just too much) is the story time box. The extensions are basically replacing that box with higher level books and with a bit more work.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

faroutback

Post by faroutback » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:25 pm

Ok. Thank you so much. Maybe we can use the storytime books for pleasure reading. Thanks again.

faroutback

Post by faroutback » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:24 am

Sorry, I have one more question about this. Does this mean that on Day 4, we do both written narrations? I just wanted to make sure. It would seem this is what we should do. Day 4 for the extension reading would simply be adding a bit to day 3's then adding an opinion as well.