Which guide will we end on in HS?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mvillarreal

Which guide will we end on in HS?

Post by mvillarreal » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:09 pm

Hi!

Our son who will be 9 y.o. next week is going into fourth grade next month. We just finished Bigger Hearts and are heading into Preparing Hearts for the upcoming year. Even though the HOD guides are age and ability based, there are guides for each grade K through 12. If we stick to our current schedule, he will be in the 2nd to last guide (11th grade) when I consider him a HS senior. Our 12 y.o. is going into 7th grade and he is heading into Rev to Rev, which will put him in the last guide for his senior year.

Me dilemma is with our younger son. Will he finish his senior year with the 2nd to last guide? I don't want to bump him back a grade year (tell him that he is really in third grade again this year) in order to finish all the guides. I need to add a year, either now or at the end, to finish all the guides. Am I overthinking the whole thing? Thanks for any experience and wisdom!

StephanieU

Re: Which guide will we end on in HS?

Post by StephanieU » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:19 pm

Doing Preparing for forth grade had him finishing A 2ND in 12 grade, and that is the last guide.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

mvillarreal

Re: Which guide will we end on in HS?

Post by mvillarreal » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:42 pm

Well, I'm not sure how I figured that, but you are exactly right! I guess I was just over thinking it all! Thank you!! :D