Apologia Astronomy 2nd Edition RtR

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mama4z

Apologia Astronomy 2nd Edition RtR

Post by mama4z » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:19 pm

I will be using Resurrection to Reformation this year and am excited to use the Apologia Astronomy. I have read about the second edition and was wondering if anyone has looked at it closely enough to determine if it could be used in place of the first edition without compromising the integrity of the curriculum. Any feedback would be appreciated!

kidsforHim

Re: Apologia Astronomy 2nd Edition RtR

Post by kidsforHim » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:40 am

I found this description under 'corresponding packages' link for Resurrection to Reformation. It sounds like it would be fine to use the 2nd ed. although I'm thinking page numbers might not match up. ?

"Description:
The year of earth science for Resurrection to Reformation begins with a focus on astronomy and the heavenly bodies. We'll do this using Apologia's Elementary Astronomy book. This book is being updated to add more full-color photos and is being planned with a new layout. The written textual content will remain the same. With the updated version due to be released in 2011, we feel this book will be a wonderful long-term, living solution for the beginning of our earth science year.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:42 am

Ladies,

The newest edition of Astronomy does not match the current plans in RTR. We still sell the version of Astronomy that matches our plans at HOD within our science package for RTR. :D So you will definitely want the version that matches our plans! Otherwise nothing will match, and you will be making your own plans for Astronomy!

Blessings,
Carrie

mama4z

Post by mama4z » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:10 pm

Thank you for your help!