Canadian History and Geography

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
ttemple

Canadian History and Geography

Post by ttemple » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:51 am

I wasn't sure where to post this..so hopefully this is the right place...I need to fulfill Canadian History and Geography credits for highschool. Also are there any Canadian Forums as well as parents who use this curriculum through highschool in Canada?

Thanks again,

BLESS YOU ALL.

Rice

Re: Canadian History and Geography

Post by Rice » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:39 am

I'm in MB and we only have one compulsory Cdn history credit: Canada in the Contemporary World in Grade 10. I probably won't actually be covering that material in 10th, (especially since we won't be doing MTMM in 10th, necessarily, when that topic would work in most easily to HOD), but will incorporate it in over the years.

Some of what I'm doing for my oldest two (who will not be in the High School guides until 12th and 11th; I'm modifying and beefing up the middle school guides) is in Rev2Rev and MTMM - since they are doing Extensions I'm removing the obviously American books and replacing them with Canada: A People's History and some Canadian living histories. I haven't got to the High School guides yet to know what I might do for substitutions in them (my 3rd will reach WG in 8th!).

There isn't a Canadian forum through HOD as far as I know, but we do have a FB page for Canadians to discuss additions/substitutions: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HOD4Can ... oup_header. (Carrie & Julie, please fee free to delete this if you'd rather not have the link here. I know that you don't want general substitutions discussed on the Message Board, but hope that a link to a place to discuss national history substitutions isn't out of place. <3 )

Welcome to HOD!
Blessings,
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics

ttemple

Re: Canadian History and Geography

Post by ttemple » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:38 pm

Hi,

Thank you that helps for sure. :D