World Geography - book selections for Fund. of Literature

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
frankesense

World Geography - book selections for Fund. of Literature

Post by frankesense » Wed May 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Around the World in 80 Days and Treasure Island are books listed for book selections for Fundamentals of Literature in World Geography. I already have these books, but what I am unsure of is if the books listed in the catalog are abridged or unabridged. Can someone who has done this course before let me know one way or the other?

Thanks!
Wife to the most awesome man for 18 years
Mother to ds - 15 yrs. and dd - 13 yrs.
using World Geography

faroutback

Re: World Geography - book selections for Fund. of Literatur

Post by faroutback » Wed May 24, 2017 6:36 pm

I think if you look near the top of the postings and find the one for sneak peeks for WG and then choose the topic thread for literature this may have the information you are needing. Hope this helps. Happy reading.

shellbell

Post by shellbell » Wed May 24, 2017 7:06 pm

They are unabridged. Treasure Island is used in for the Literature. Around the World in 80 Days is used in the optional Living Library as Extra Credit towards the World Geography guide, if you so desire.

One thing to be aware of in the guide it tells the student what pages to read. Your book may differ on page numbers, so you may need to adjust your plans accordingly. Also Carrie is very good to forewarn you about certain things that you may want to discuss with your child ahead of time, along with the page number that goes with the incident. For example: page 20 includes a violent death. Your books may have it on a different page though.

I hope this helps.
Michelle

frankesense

Post by frankesense » Wed May 24, 2017 8:27 pm

Yes, that answers my questions, thank you so much
Wife to the most awesome man for 18 years
Mother to ds - 15 yrs. and dd - 13 yrs.
using World Geography