Questions about what to purchase

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mommyhubbard4

Questions about what to purchase

Post by mommyhubbard4 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:32 pm

Hello, I am new to HOD, and wanting to purchase curriculum for my three older children. I've been working on figuring out what exactly to purchase for some time now, and wrote it all down, and then checked the catalog vs. what I saw online, after I wrote everything down, and I want to make sure that I'm not unintentionally planning to purchase duplicate items. I would love it if someone knowledgeable could help me sort it out! :-)

For my 9 yo, I plan to get Preparing Hearts for His Glory. For my 6.5 yo; Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory, and for my 4yo; Little Hands to Heaven.

Do I buy the Economy Package AND a Teacher's Guide for each level, or does the Teacher's Guide come with the Economy Package?

For the 9 yo, I was planning to get 1) Preparing Hearts for His Glory 2) Economy Package 3) Science Package 4) History Read-Alouds.

For the 6 yo, 1) Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory 2) Economy Package 3) Basic Package (Numbers 2 & 3 are totally separate things?)

For the 4 yo, 1) Little Hands to Heaven 2) 4/5 Package.

Does this look right?

TIA!

rumkimom

Re: Questions about what to purchase

Post by rumkimom » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:19 am

Welcome to HOD!! My oldest son is doing Preparing this year as well.

For Preparing:
1-ECONOMY PACKAGE (includes the guide)
2-Science Adder
3-BASIC PACKAGE (history read outlouds)
4-SELF-STUDY DELUXE HISTORY PACKAGE: FOR THE NEWLY INDEPENDENT READER (these are the ones my son can't wait to do as they are independent work)
5-reading program....you can choose to use DITHOR or your own reading program
6-math...you can used the suggested math program or get your own
7-English....you can use R&S which is suggested by HOD or your own program. I used mine own for awhile but returned to R&S again as it just does it all!
8-CD...I highly recommend getting the CD as it really does help with learning the memory verses.

I'll post the next 2 in another post.
----
Wendy C.
DH-Owen
Emily (19 - graduatated from UCC spring 2018, Fashion Design Program)
Melody (17 - Rev 2 Rev-unit 21, IEW for writing, grammar, completed math)
Steven (12 - CTC, IEW for writing, grammar, spelling, TT Math)
Clarence (10 - PS)

rumkimom

Post by rumkimom » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:34 am

Beyond (my younger son who is 8 is doing this one this year)
1-ECONOMY PACKAGE (includes guide)
2-Basic package (Includes God's Wonderful Works, Math, Morning Bells Devotional, & Hide 'Em In Your Heart Vol II CD), You will be able to choose 1st or 2nd grade math. If you wish to use another math you need to purchase the other items individually instead of the package (that is what I did).
3- You can choose to purchase the deluxe package for the storytime books or just use your own.
4-Phonics/reading program...if your child is reading you can choose the Emergent reader package, if they are not, you will want a phonic program. There are 2 the HOD recommends but you can choose your own also.

LHTH
1-4/5 Package

Hope that helps. :)
----
Wendy C.
DH-Owen
Emily (19 - graduatated from UCC spring 2018, Fashion Design Program)
Melody (17 - Rev 2 Rev-unit 21, IEW for writing, grammar, completed math)
Steven (12 - CTC, IEW for writing, grammar, spelling, TT Math)
Clarence (10 - PS)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:34 am

Super help here already that I'll just second! :D If you have further questions, especially about the choices, and you'd rather order on the phone this time, just leave a message for HOD to call you at 605-428-4068. HOD will return your call usually within 24-48 hours and help you place your order. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie