Tomorrow's the big day!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
slavila

Tomorrow's the big day!!!

Post by slavila » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:51 pm

Tomorrow we are officially starting school. I will be doing Beyond with my first grader and Little Hands with my preschooler. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time! Say a little prayer for us!! Thanks!!

Sarah
Sarah, Mom of 4.....
ds 6 -
ds 4
dd 2
dd 6 months

eazbnsmom

Re: Tomorrow's the big day!!!

Post by eazbnsmom » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:07 pm

How exciting. Praying all goes well. WE don't start for 3 more weeks.
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:06 pm

We are starting Beyond tomorrow too. :D I am very excited and can't wait. I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow! :D

Gina
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

Candice

Post by Candice » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:43 pm

Sarah,

How exciting, I hope it goes wonderfully for you! :D We will look forward to your first day report soon!

We are beginning our first day tomorrow as well. My daughter will be starting Little Hearts For His Glory. I was just sitting here telling my husband and my mother that Danielle is beginning her first day tomorrow and they looked around wondering where everything is supposed to be set up...guess I better get to it!

Candice

netpea

Post by netpea » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:18 pm

Us Too! We are officially starting LHFHG and Bigger tomorrow. My kids are at each other's throats, so therefore, I made a command decision, school starts now! :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
:D

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:26 am

How exciting! I love the first day. I think you will be amazed. The start up with HOD is very smooth. Enjoy your first day and let us know how it went. And yes I did say a little prayer that it would be blessed. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:52 am

Oh Sarah,

I am so excited for you! I cannot wait to hear ALL the details. If you are a picture person have it handy and post your Week In Review on Friday! I am stopping this morning and lifting you and your family up to the Father. May you feel HIS arms carry you through today as you build forever memories with your little ones!!!! (((Big Warm Embrace)))

Mary
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:53 am

netpea wrote:Us Too! We are officially starting LHFHG and Bigger tomorrow. My kids are at each other's throats, so therefore, I made a command decision, school starts now! :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
:D
Yeah LeAnn! I didnt' know you guys were doing Beyond this year! How exciting to be in the same program too! I'm so glad your starting today. I am also stopping and lifting you and your gang up to the Lord. May you have a BLESSED day my friend..., (((BIG WARM EMBRACE)))

Candice and Gina too! ( I obviously and reading this post a little at a time :lol: ) It starting to feel like the good ol' days again! We are just one big happy family!!!!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:57 am

I hope you have a wonderful first day! I'm sure you will all love it!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:36 pm

Oh Ladies,

I am so excited for you to be beginning your official year! :D We'll be looking forward to hearing all about it, and we'll be lifting you up in prayer too!

Blessings,
:D Carrie

slavila

Post by slavila » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:30 am

We had a wonderful first day yesterday!! What a blessing it was to get on the forum in the middle of our day yesterday and read that so many of you were praying for us!! I'm fairly new to the board and haven't posted much, so it really meant a lot to me to read your heartfelt posts yesterday.
I'd say our first day was a success!! Everything went just as I had planned; I couldn't have asked for things to go any better. Both of the kids had fun, paid attention and LEARNED (I was amazed at how many continents my ds remembered when my dh quizzed him at dinner)!! And the toddler took a great nap and joined in on some things when awake and entertained herself when she wasn't interested in what we were doing!!!
I took a few pictures and I hope to continue to document in pictures. I'm hoping to get on at the end of the week and give a full update!!
I hope everyone that started yesterday had I wonderful day as well!!

Sarah
Sarah, Mom of 4.....
ds 6 -
ds 4
dd 2
dd 6 months

eazbnsmom

Post by eazbnsmom » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:33 am

Thanks for the update! So glad everything went so well. :)
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

hsmomof5

Post by hsmomof5 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:48 am

Glad you had a great day and I can't wait to hear about your week. :D

slavila

Post by slavila » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:24 am

beandip71 wrote:We are starting Beyond tomorrow too. :D I am very excited and can't wait. I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow! :D

Gina
Gina - I'm glad to hear you had a great first day. I checked out your blog - we are using ETC book3 and A Reason For Handwriting A as well!! Like your little guy, my preschooler was more into school than I thought too!! What a blessing!!

Sarah
Sarah, Mom of 4.....
ds 6 -
ds 4
dd 2
dd 6 months

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:42 pm

Oh ladies! I'm so glad you had good first days! It helps so much when the toddler/baby naps well! :lol:

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Carrie