A Reason for Handwriting Question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaKB

A Reason for Handwriting Question

Post by MamaKB » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:55 pm

I will be using LHFHG for my 6yo son this coming school year (1st grade level). I see that it comes with A Reason for Handwriting as one of the manuscript options. I was thinking of purchasing (separately) a higher level of A Reason for Handwriting for my older son to use, for light practice of his penmanship. I see on this other site that there is a teacher's manual for this series as well. Does the 1st grade A Reason for Handwriting workbook in LHFHG come with a teacher's manual? Is a teacher's manual even necessary for this manuscript program, or are the workbooks pretty self-explanatory?

I hope my question isn't confusing and makes some sort of sense! :?
Follower of Jesus
Wife to amazing DH
Mama to 4 incredible kiddos:
DS (7.5) BHFHG
DS (6) LHFHG
DD (3) LHTH
DD (20 months) Just along for the ride!
BRAND NEW to homeschooling :shock: :mrgreen:

rumkimom

Re: A Reason for Handwriting Question

Post by rumkimom » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:11 pm

You do not need the teacher's manual. It is very simple. :) There are 3 days of practice, 1 day of writing the verse on notebook paper and the final day is writing it on a page with a picture to color (in the back of the book). Even though Beyond/Preparing do not use this, I will continue using it with my boys as they need the extra practice (on the days they do not have copywork). I love it and have used this for many years (my girls used it way back when they were little....now in 9th and 12 grades).
----
Wendy C.
DH-Owen
Emily (19 - graduatated from UCC spring 2018, Fashion Design Program)
Melody (17 - Rev 2 Rev-unit 21, IEW for writing, grammar, completed math)
Steven (12 - CTC, IEW for writing, grammar, spelling, TT Math)
Clarence (10 - PS)

MamaKB

Post by MamaKB » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:44 pm

That sounds great, thank you! I will just order the workbook for my older son then (my younger son will get his in his LHFHG package) and forget about the teacher's manual. One more question - do I need anything extra for this program? Blank sheets with the lines/dotted lines?
Follower of Jesus
Wife to amazing DH
Mama to 4 incredible kiddos:
DS (7.5) BHFHG
DS (6) LHFHG
DD (3) LHTH
DD (20 months) Just along for the ride!
BRAND NEW to homeschooling :shock: :mrgreen:

rumkimom

Post by rumkimom » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:52 pm

One of the days they practice writing the verse on regular lined paper (so a notebook would work just fine as would loose leaf paper). My kids have a notebook that they write it in.
----
Wendy C.
DH-Owen
Emily (19 - graduatated from UCC spring 2018, Fashion Design Program)
Melody (17 - Rev 2 Rev-unit 21, IEW for writing, grammar, completed math)
Steven (12 - CTC, IEW for writing, grammar, spelling, TT Math)
Clarence (10 - PS)