Suggestions for Bible and CD, CTC

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
momof3kids

Suggestions for Bible and CD, CTC

Post by momof3kids » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:06 pm

Hi all!
Those of you who have used CTC, could you recommend a Bible and possibly a CD that is based on the KJV? We have had this issue previously where the verses we study are different than the CD.
So, just wondering of all the resources out there if anyone could suggest a good Bible that he would be able to use...??
Thanks so much!
Married almost 13yr..dh and great father
5 blessings from God, 1 in heaven
9 yo ds- Preparing DITHOR
8 yo ds- Bigger
5 yo dd- Jut starting Little Hearts half speed
Baby boy born September 2014, now 2yo

Nealewill

Re: Suggestions for Bible and CD, CTC

Post by Nealewill » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:29 pm

Even though my church uses the KJV, we used the NiRV for when my kids read from the Bible right now for school. It is written to a 3rd grade reading level and my oldest has mild dyslexia. This made it very easy for her read and for her to understand what she read. I am sorry I don't have any ideas on the CD though. We didn't worry about the fact that she memorized it in a different version. You could always just chant it in the KJV if you preferred though.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

MelInKansas

Re: Suggestions for Bible and CD, CTC

Post by MelInKansas » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:25 pm

We just had our daughter read out of her Bible instead of the Bible suggested to use with CTC. There was no problem there. I have given up on using the CDs above Bigger (the CD for Bigger is Hymns, not Bible memory) because they confuse her too much as it's not the version we use. Music is really helpful for memorization and I would bet you there ARE KJV songs written out there, you could check YouTube maybe or Google it. We've done fine without the CD though, but I do have her go back and review all the previous verses she's done occasionally because otherwise there's no way she can put it all together.
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven