thanks for helping me help someone else...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Marty D

thanks for helping me help someone else...

Post by Marty D » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:23 pm

Well, here I am again. It has been awhile since I wrote---again. Summer has been hectic, and I am looking forward to having a routine again, although I am going to be busy. I am going to be teaching at least one and possible up to 2 or 3 sign language classes during the fall, and I am praying that God will send deaf to our church, but I know that He is able to give me the strength to do what He has called me to do in all areas, including our homeschooling journey.

I just wanted to write and say how thrilled I am to have been able to share HOD with my sister-in-law recently. She has 3 girls, ages 6 and 4 1/2 yo twins. She did SL with them this past year, and was planning on doing MFW this year. I went to see her a few weeks ago, and I took my Beyond and LHTH as well as a catalogue. I was not really trying to change her mind, just wanted to show her HOD, because I was so excited about it. Well, she was keeping my three sons during the day so that I could go to a conference, and so when I got home on Friday night, she was sitting beside my pile of books, and she said, "Well, I have decided to change my plans." She had read through the whole book while the kids were playing, and she is going to be ordering LHFHG. It works out well for both of us, because her girls are going to be one year ahead of my middle son and one year behind my oldest son, so we are going to share curriculum, which will save us both money.

SHe was really excited about being able to keep them together, since that is the way she taught them this past year. The twins will be in a different stage in math. phonics and writing, and then she will do the rest of the stuff together.

The thing that really made me excited for her was when she said she had not been excited about anything she had looked at until she saw HOD. Thanks for making this something we can get excited about!
Martha

Mom to 3 boys --Nathanael 8, Daniel 5, and Karsten 2