"I've hit the jackpot Mommy!"

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
lissiejo

"I've hit the jackpot Mommy!"

Post by lissiejo » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:37 pm

That is what my 10-year-old said when she was telling me how excited she was that she was finishing up CTC this week so we can start Res to Rev after our Spring Break! She is so excited as we move through each guide. She started in Little Hands for His Glory in 2008 and has moved all the way through with a year try at private school for K5. I've had to have a lot of faith sometimes as some of the teaching methods, being Charlotte Mason, were foreign to me. I have a teaching degree so it's hard not to always go back to the old standard, but the more I let go and trust the lessons, the more my kids learn :)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Melissa (Pastor's wife in NC)

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspot.com
Rose (12-years-old) - Revival to Revolution
Beth (10-years-old) - Creation to Christ
Grace (8-years-old) - Bigger Hearts for His Glory

Nealewill

Re: "I've hit the jackpot Mommy!"

Post by Nealewill » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:51 pm

That is wonderful to hear. HOD is definitely different from everything I ever planned for my kids. I started 2 years ago and it was the best decision we ever made! My kids have learned tons and they love what they learn. I couldn't be more happy also. Excited for you as you begin R2R. My every year my oldest tells me "this" is her favorite guide. Right now, it is R2R :-). My youngers haven't started telling me this yet but I am sure it is coming LOL.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

lissiejo

Re: "I've hit the jackpot Mommy!"

Post by lissiejo » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:15 pm

My oldest says the same thing too about it being her favorite! I love how much my girls love to learn and so much of it is due to this curriculum!
Nealewill wrote:That is wonderful to hear. HOD is definitely different from everything I ever planned for my kids. I started 2 years ago and it was the best decision we ever made! My kids have learned tons and they love what they learn. I couldn't be more happy also. Excited for you as you begin R2R. My every year my oldest tells me "this" is her favorite guide. Right now, it is R2R :-). My youngers haven't started telling me this yet but I am sure it is coming LOL.
Melissa (Pastor's wife in NC)

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspot.com
Rose (12-years-old) - Revival to Revolution
Beth (10-years-old) - Creation to Christ
Grace (8-years-old) - Bigger Hearts for His Glory