New to HOD - Res. to Ref. Lang. Arts question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mvillarreal

New to HOD - Res. to Ref. Lang. Arts question

Post by mvillarreal » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:21 pm

Our family is new to HOD this year. We started school today, our 7 year old son in Beyond Little Hearts and our 10 year old son in Res. to Ref. We moved a week ago and I didn't get a chance to preview everything like I would have liked to, so I'm still sorting out a few things!

For day two's Lang. Arts lesson in Res. to Ref, the lesson is "Following the Plan: Lesson 59". Can anyone tell me why this starts with lesson 59? Doesn't seem to make any sense! Thanks!

StephanieU

Re: New to HOD - Res. to Ref. Lang. Arts question

Post by StephanieU » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:54 pm

That is the Rod and Staff English Level 5 book. HOD schedules grammar half speed in CtC and RtR. So, most students do half a level in CtC (Level 4 or 5) and half a level in RtR. If you haven't done Rod and Staff English before, you can start at the beginning, just doing 1 lesson each day it is scheduled in RtR. The goal is to complete LEvel 6 by the end of MtMM/8th grade, so you have time. You may find Level 4 is a better level as well, as most use it for 5th and 6th grades. Others use it for 4th and 5th.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

mvillarreal

Re: New to HOD - Res. to Ref. Lang. Arts question

Post by mvillarreal » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:12 pm

I assumed that was the case. Thanks for the clarification!