New Math Reccomendation after Singapore 6A/6B

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Robbi

Re: New Math Reccomendation after Singapore 6A/6B

Post by Robbi » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:55 pm

I am looking over math options for my DD. She is using Singapore 5B currently, and halfway through RTR. (She starts a new year every January, well thats the goal). She is 12 and we consider her just starting 6th grade this fall. So my question is, should we use Singapore 6A/6B next year in RevtoRev? or switch to Principles of Mathematics? If we did that, what would we use the next year in MtMM? Principles 1 or 2? Both my kids seem to be following this sequence (DS starting Preparing and 3A/3B):

Beyond - Singapore 1A/1B
Bigger - Singapore 2A/2B
Preparing - Singapore 3A/3B
CtC - Singapore 4A/4B
RtR - Singapore 5A/5B

RevtoRev - Singapore 6A/6B or Principles 1 ??
MtMM - Principles 1 or 2 ??

High School 9th - Alegbra

Thanks
Robbi
DD 19 Graduated from HOD
DS 15 USI & II combo
DS 10 RTR
DS 8 Preparing
We have now used all the guides!

Nealewill

Post by Nealewill » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:57 pm

I ultimately think it is up to you. My oldest dd is Singapore 5 last year and she is doing POM 1 this year. Does your dd like Singapore? Mine still was struggling with some of the concepts. I felt like moving to POM was a good fit for her. I am glad I made the switch. With my younger two, I don't know what I will do. I might just do Singapore 6 and then move into POM 2. I think you have complete freedom to go either way.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

Robbi

Post by Robbi » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:36 am

Thank you!! My DD does fine in Singapore but doesn't love it. I think it takes her a long time to do each day. Mostly because she needs to learn her math facts better I think. :)
With her, I am really thinking about switching also. I don't about the boys later. Again, thanks!
Robbi
DD 19 Graduated from HOD
DS 15 USI & II combo
DS 10 RTR
DS 8 Preparing
We have now used all the guides!