HOD preparing and Maptrek

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
beloved

HOD preparing and Maptrek

Post by beloved » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:46 am

Does anyone have a schedule list of which maps from Maptrek would go well with HOD preparing?

Nealewill

Re: HOD preparing and Maptrek

Post by Nealewill » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:16 pm

Preparing is an overview of world history. It does map work each week but it isn't necessarily written down. Starting in CTC, you do written map work regularly. Preparing doesn't schedule Map Trek and I personally wouldn't add it. Levels CTC through MTMM have a lot of map work. Plus, WG is obviously a ton of mapping :-) The one thing though that I do have in my house that is nice is a huge world map and huge map of the USA. I bought these off of amazon or at staples...I can't remember. I did this so that when we look for a country, it is a great place to go and find it.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

beloved

Re: HOD preparing and Maptrek

Post by beloved » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:08 am

Great! Thank you.