Time line suggestions??

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
we6rblessed

Time line suggestions??

Post by we6rblessed » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:12 am

We are going to begin "Bigger."
I was wondering what creative ideas you all have in the use of time lines for history?
Thank you!
~Linda

AmyB

Re: Time line suggestions??

Post by AmyB » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:44 am

Have you ever looked at www.holdthatthought.com? It has some great timeline pictures that you can print off of a CD that you purchase. My kids just like to draw them in and then color them, but the pictures that you can get from that website are really neat.
HTH
Amy
May God Bless You Richly,
Amy

momto2grls

Post by momto2grls » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:07 am

We are putting together the timeline as suggested in the teaching guide. We taped 2 file folders together and instead of dd drawing the pictures directly in the spaces I cut sticker paper to the size of the spaces. When she is done drawing on her sticker, she places it in the appropriate space as indicated in the Bigger Guide. :)
Proud mom of 2 girls :
dd - 7yrs Bigger Hearts
dd - 3yrs Little Hands

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:06 am

OOOHHHH, I'm jealous you are getting to do Bigger... next year - that was one of my very favorite years so far! :) I guess I'm going through withdrawal. We did Bigger... last year and made the timeline suggested with a file folder. My son loved seeing it all in a glance. I took a picture of it and posted it on the weekly check-in. The picture is kind of hard to see, but it gives the general gist of it! :D
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1224&p=9339&hilit= ... line#p9339
My son is not very into drawing, so the small pictures and rectangles were perfect for him.
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

granolamom6

Post by granolamom6 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:12 am

A similar question was just posted this morning and I posted some photos of my dd's timeline. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1647

Carrie's way of doing the timeline is so straightforward and easy! We are starting our 8th year of homeschooling and by far this is the simplest way of doing a timeline that I have come across. :D