Off to plan for the new book... we'll miss you all!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Carrie
Site Admin

Off to plan for the new book... we'll miss you all!

Post by Carrie » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:59 am

Ladies,

My dear sister and I are off to plan for the new book to come after Preparing. We'll be back late, late Sunday night, so I'll answer your threads then. I wish I had time now, as I miss you all!

We sent Preparing to the printer yesterday! Hooray! :D

Watch for the "Introduction" part of the guide coming up on the Preparing part of our website! It will help all of you planners get your year ready for Preparing!

Blessings,
Carrie

Motherjoy

Post by Motherjoy » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:20 am

Praying for you Carrie and sis. I send up prayers all the time for you, even though you are a perfect stranger. Thanks for all the work.
MJ, mom to 8
2015-2016 plan
*17yo is dual-enrolled after using HOD for 7 years
*11yo, 10yo, 9yo, and 7yo - CTC with modifications
*5yo, 4yo - LHTH
*3yo - playschool

Accomplished: LHTH, LHFHG, BHFHG, Beyond, PHFHG, RTR, Rev to Rev, MTMM, WG, WH

Christy in Texas

Post by Christy in Texas » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:34 am

Praying for you two! Supernatural strength & wisdom!! Thanks for all that you do.
Christy, wife to Danny of 14 years, mom to
Brycen 5/7/99
Emily 10/10/02
Hannah 10/10/02

netpea

Post by netpea » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:00 am

Hope you have a good trip Carrie, even if you are working! :D

Candice

Post by Candice » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:45 am

No stress but, everyone's future is in your hands!

Kidding of course, I will have you in my thoughts and prayers as you begin this wonderful new program.

Congratulations on seeing "Preparing" off to the printer, what a wonderful feeling that must have been! :D

Candice

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:38 pm

bye!! have fun!!!! :-) Can't wait to hear about it when you get back!!!
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:51 pm

Praying for you and Julie! Have an inspired and fun filled weekend! :D
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

moedertje

Praying for you

Post by moedertje » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:25 pm

Oh Carrie, what a surprise. I prayed this morning for you not even knowing of your grand project this weekend.
Praise the Lord! He looks after you by having all of us intercede on your behalf. May He give you wisdom and show you what He thinks is important to put in the next book up.
Blessings to you and your sister.
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:33 pm

I hope you have a WONDERFUL time! Not only will you get to be productive, BUT have FUN too!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:39 pm

Yeah! Can't wait until we can hear all about it. :? I pray God will give you both clarity and vision for what He desires this book to cover, and in what way.

Wendy

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:30 pm

How fun! I can't wait to see what you come up with. And that year is an amazing year to plan. How fun! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:05 pm

Have a great weekend!! This is so exciting to see the future unfolding, so to speak. I will pray continually for God's wisdom pouring out in your preparations. On behalf of my family, thank you for hearing the call God has placed on your life and embracing it with arms wide open!
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

BlessedMommy

Post by BlessedMommy » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:13 pm

I can't wait to hear what is to come!!!

Prayers!

Adrienne
Adrienne Kleeman
Wife to a WONDERFUL Hubby
Mommy to:
Avery - 8
Trenton - 6
Isabelle - 4

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:47 pm

Carrie,

I am anxiously awaiting to hear how your planning meeting went this weekend. Hope that the Lord met you and gave the both of you much insight into the plans and purposes for your next book. Thank you again for your hardwork and dedication.
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:21 pm

Ladies,

Hooray! We're finally back and back on the boards too! :D I missed all of you so much, but my dear sister and I were very, very busy! We worked long days and went through so many resources with a fine-tooth comb, so to speak. :D

We came home with much clarity and are excited about the plan for the ancients guide. We can definitely see things falling into place. We are still looking for exactly the right mix for the design of this guide, which often takes quite awhile. :D

The formatting of the pages in the guide itself will remain similar to the format in Preparing. However, the students will have more independent boxes and will be responsible for reading their own history spines and science books. :wink:

There will definitely be an extension pack for the history portion for the older kiddos.

Since we don't have things finalized yet, I hesitate to give too many details. But, we will have some glimpses coming on the board, as we research on. :wink:

Thanks for all of the prayers. My sweet sister was very diligent in working with me as always. She is an amazing woman with much educational teaching experience and a master degree in education on top of it! So, I am blessed to be able to brainstorm with a kindred spirit. She is my3sons on the board here. :D

Blessings,
Carrie