slightly off topic thank you for Carrie

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
momof2n2

slightly off topic thank you for Carrie

Post by momof2n2 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:24 pm

I am headed on a 6 day trip this weekend that will afford me hours to read that I have not had in over 14 years! I did not know what books to pack to take with me. And then it dawned on me to take the books from my son's MTMM curriculum that he has either finished or will not be using next week! I am SO excited to have time to read all these great books!!! I love history and historical fiction and rarely ever have time for anything. (Although I did fit in Black Horses for the King and The King's Fifth this summer as I was browsing books for my 7th grade son.)
So - not only has your hard work blessed the KIDS in this family, but it is going to bless me this next week.
Thank you for being someone I can depend on to point us in the direction of meaty, satisfying reads!!!
Love,
Stacy

Fall 2015
DS 17 -gr.12 full time college student
DS 15- gr. 10 favorites from World Geo and World Hx.
DD 13- gr. 8 Rev to Rev
DD 11- gr. 6 CTC
DD 7 - gr. 2 Beyond
DD 4 - pre-K Rod & Staff and Phonics Pathways

my3sons

Re: slightly off topic thank you for Carrie

Post by my3sons » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:52 pm

What fun! :D I agree, I am always trying to sneak in some reading time of what our older sons are enjoying in Heart of Dakota too. The book choices are simply outstanding! Have a wonderful time reading on your trip! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

LovingJesus

Post by LovingJesus » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:51 pm

I agree! Carrie's book picks are simply fantastic! :D

I hope you have a wonderful trip. Enjoy the reading. :D

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:53 pm

Stacy,

How fun! I agree that I enjoy the books for the guide too. They are just good books overall. :D

As I am continuing on with the writing of the World History guide, I have also been reading and researching for the American History Guide to come after it. I have to intersperse research with writing, simply because the research part takes so long (and simply can't be hurried)! So, I am reading and reading for American History, right along with writing for World History. It is a joy (and can be a trial at times too) to find just the right books. However, whenever I find a keeper it truly makes my day! I found one yesterday, and I was on cloud 9! Happy reading! :D

Blessings,
Carrie