Bigger Extensions

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mward9702

Bigger Extensions

Post by mward9702 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:27 pm

Currently, I have two kids combined using the Bigger curriculum. My 4th grade son, is reading the history and some of the science extensions. When I get to the unit 31, I notice Thomas A. Edison is listed as the science read aloud. Since he is assigned to read it on his own at unit 23, I suppose he would just do the experiment, narration, or discussion with us when I get to unit 31? I am not sure how to make this flow well. Thank you for your help.

Melissa Ward
wife to Grant and mom of 4 kiddos

MelInKansas

Re: Bigger Extensions

Post by MelInKansas » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:27 pm

You could certainly read it to him again. I'm guessing he won't mind. And yes, definitely have him do the experiments and activities too.
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven

bethelmommy

Post by bethelmommy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:04 pm

I believe they are two different books. We haven't gotten that far in the guide yet, but I just checked the Bigger packages on the website and the science book Thomas A. Edison is different than the extension package one. HTH.
Grace and peace,
Alicia
DS 14 MTMM, DITHOR 6/7/8
DD 13 Rev2Rev, DITHOR 4/5
DS 10 Bigger, DITHOR 2/3
DD 8 Beyond, Level 2 Book Pack
(Previously completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, and DITHOR 2/3, 4/5)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:21 pm

As pp mentioned, they are two different books. Our sons have read both, and they have gleaned different things from each. I think your ds will enjoy them as much as our sons did! Here is a link to the packages, so you can see the 2 books used...
http://www.heartofdakota.com/bigger-hearts-packages.php

Happy reading!
In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie