Another reason I LOVE Heart of Dakota!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
countrylivin

Another reason I LOVE Heart of Dakota!

Post by countrylivin » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:06 pm

This month we are exceptionally busy with our family ministry, so I informed my kiddos that we were only going to do math & DITHOR. My 14 year old son, who is in MTMM, enjoys this course so much he added in two boxes from his guide every day just because he loves what he is studying!

As a mom, I can't ask for more! Thank you Heart of Dakota! :D
Amy
Wife to Jonny
Momma to
DS 19 YWAM
DD 17 college grad
DS 15 World History
DD 13 Missions to Modern Marvels
DD 11 Resurrection to Reformation
DS 10 Resurrection to Reformation
DS 8 Bigger Hearts
DD 4 LHTH

http://www.familyrestorationproject.com

Nealewill

Re: Another reason I LOVE Heart of Dakota!

Post by Nealewill » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:59 am

I love to see this. My kids are a little bit younger but we took about 6 weeks off over the summer. And my oldest was in practically tears when I told her she wasn't allowed to start school during some of that time.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

mommymoles

Post by mommymoles » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:13 am

The more I read on this board the more I feel we made the right choice to switch to HOD. It is great when I read kids are actually wanting to do school. I am so excited to start our first week, We plan on starting on the 18th of this month so I have a couple more weeks to get things ready.

Salena

Salena
DD 8 Bigger
DD 6 Bigger
DS 4 just playing

MelInKansas

Post by MelInKansas » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:02 pm

What's great is the independence they learn and how easy to use the guide is. That making it possible for an older child to go ahead and do school on their own without help from Mom if they want to. We aren't there quite yet, but I can totally see my daughter being that way when the time comes.
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:34 pm

That is a blessing! What a wonderful quality your ds is displaying here! :D :D :D And like MelInKansas said, the guides are written in a way that make independence successful. They encourage my boys to become men - what a blessing. Also - I know a guide is good when it is full of books I feel like sneaking off to read ahead in myself. :lol: Thanks for sharing!!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie