Carrie/Julie: Payment plan??

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Mamochka5

Carrie/Julie: Payment plan??

Post by Mamochka5 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:55 pm

Hi ladies,

I saw a post today where Julie mentioned setting up a payment plan. How do we do that and is there interest charged? I need to order all of the World History for my 10th grader, as well as a few resources for my dd for RTR.

My husband was suddenly laid off from work almost three weeks ago with no notice, and we have no lead on jobs....and money is tight. :( I was thinking we would have to forego HOD this year bc of cost and try to piece something together (which for high school stresses me out), but I saw the post on a payment plan and thought maybe we could still do HOD this year. ??

If this is an option, how does it work? How small can the payments be? I don't want to be a pain, so if it doesn't work, okay. I would just love to be able to have my DC continue with HOD, despite our current stressful situation. (I would love your prayers for God to provide the right job for us. :)

Thank you!
Liz
Liz

Mom to 6:
H: 10th (15) World History
S: 7th (13) RtR
I: 5th (11) Preparing
E: 4th (9) Beyond
K: 2nd (8) Beyond
B: (5 y.o.) LHTH

TrueGRIT

Re: Carrie/Julie: Payment plan??

Post by TrueGRIT » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:39 pm

I think the best thing would be to call the HOD office directly. They'd best be able to help you.
I will certainly pray for your situation. I know what that is like to have things so tight ...
Mikki
Ds 12- tutoring
Ds 9- Preparing
Dd 7 - Beyond and ER's
Ds 2- LHTH (sort of)

Great2kids

Post by Great2kids » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:14 am

I was told by Mike that with the discounts already being given on the new program that they are unable to set up a payment plan. Praying for you and your family.
2015-2016
We are looking forward to our eighth year with HOD!

DS14 WH (Completed BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, RTR, Rev to Rev, MTMM & WG)
DD10 RTR (Completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG & CTC)

Mamochka5

Post by Mamochka5 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:48 pm

So, are you saying they will offer a discount on everything else except the World History program? :( The discount in the WH package is to make up for the inconvenience of having the TM and notebooking pages shipped in sections, I was told. Am I missing something else?

Carrie/Julie: will you please weigh in with your policy so I can figure out whether I can order or not? I was trying to avoid calling bc ii know it's the busy time for you all.

Thank you!
Liz :)
Liz

Mom to 6:
K: 2nd (8) Beyond
B: (5 y.o.) LHTH

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:14 pm

Liz,

We do set up payment plans for families in situations of financial duress. You'll just need to call us and leave a message, and we'll be glad to call you back and talk through it with you. We would love for you to be able to continue with HOD as well, so it is definitely worth the phone call! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Mamochka5

Post by Mamochka5 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:31 pm

Thank you, Carrie. I will do that. :)
Liz

Mom to 6: