Little Hands, who is using it this year?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Momma Crystal

Little Hands, who is using it this year?

Post by Momma Crystal » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:26 am

I just want to try and get to know all of you. Who will be using Little Hands this year? Who will be using it for the first time? Those who have been through it, any tips?

SoaringEagle

Post by SoaringEagle » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:41 am

This will be our first time using any HOD product. I will be using it with my 2 yr old son. We'll be doing just the finger plays, devotion - found a used copy of Playtime devotions which would work better for him, and the music sections.

(used to be MamaJuli but changed user name)
Last edited by SoaringEagle on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

mom2boys030507

Post by mom2boys030507 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:35 pm

I will be starting Little Hands in the next week or two with my 3yod. This wil be my first time using it. I will also be starting Beyond Little Hearts with my 5yod. I am looking forward to both programs - we just finished up Little Hearts.

Karen
Karen - mom to Bryce 02/03, Micah 03/05, and Matthew 05/07

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:48 pm

I am using LHTH with my 3 year old. We have done one day and then have had a busy week so haven't had a chance to do anymore. Next week we will be on vacation but I'm hoping to get into some sort of routine when we get back.
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

LeAnna

Post by LeAnna » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:24 pm

We will be using LHTH with our ds who will be just turned 3 in August. We are going to be doing a half of page each day until he is at least 4, and then we may bump it up to a whole page. :D

LeAnna
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:27 pm

We are using LHTH right now for the first time. We are just finishing up week 3.

If I can give you any advice, take lots of pics. I plan on having pics to go along with each year, that way not only will they be able to look back at what they did, but also look at pics of themselves doing it. :-)

We start with showing the letter of the week and doing the finger play then I try to keep all Bible activities (dramatic play, Bible reading, devotions) all together directly after that. Then we do any art or math activity that pertains to the Bible lesson, then we move onto the Letter and counting activities to round it out. Since we listen to the Singing Bible at various times throughout the day we just play the song for the week during tablework time in the background.

It helps her to get the wiggles out and I find that she retains the lesson from one activity to the next better.
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

momto2grls

Post by momto2grls » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:15 pm

We just completed our 2nd week w/ LHTH w/ 3yo dd and she is loving it! :)
Proud mom of 2 girls :
dd - 7yrs Bigger Hearts
dd - 3yrs Little Hands

kelchud

I'll be starting LHTH!

Post by kelchud » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:51 pm

I just found HOD and will be starting Little Hands with my 2 1/2 yo son and Bigger Hearts w/ my 7 yo daughter.  I hope to take it slow w/ my little one and allow my 14 yo daughter to work w/ him some as a high school credit in teacher education/early childhood/child development/whatever I decide to call it : ). I have one more child, an 11 yo boy, and I haven't quite decided what he'll be using this year.
Kelly
~Wife to Alan~
~Mom to dd14, ds11, dd7, and ds2~

Homeschooling6

Post by Homeschooling6 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:24 pm

I hope to start in the Fall with Lance who turns 4 in Aug. & my 5.5yr old.

I am going to use our own children's Bible & devotions books though, because we have so many I couldn't see myself purchasing more (I was tempted though :wink: )

I am going to add in Itchy's Alphabet Phonics for my 5.5yr old. (Itchy is an inchworm :roll: )

For my just turned four year old I'm not going to add anything. I'll keep to the Guide :P
Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
dd.15~RtR, MTMM, and now WG
ds.14~ PH, CTC, and now MtMM
ds.13~ PH, CTC, and now Rev2Rev
ds.11 ~Bigger, and now CtC
ds.10 ~ Preparing

http://www.homeschooling6.com

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:24 pm

I am using it. We started in February and are on break now, but plan to start back the week after next! We LOVE it! I love how many of us will be walking the same journey! God is so good!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

MarriedToMyHero

Post by MarriedToMyHero » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:44 am

We actually just started using LHTH this morning. It is our first experience with HOD. MY 3 year old is loving it so far. My 2 year old was jumping right in too. I may supplement a little with my 3 year old. I am thinking of maybe adding letter of the week as well. He is really thirsty for more knowledge.

amysconfections

Post by amysconfections » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:35 pm

I'm using it this year with my 4 yr. old. I have used it in the past but quit a little ways into it. It was more because of having such a difficult year than the program. It's alot easier to do now that we are on a schedule and I'm already doing school with my older son. We started 2 weeks ago and my 4 yr old loves it. He likes the one on one time with mom. My older son has computer time during this time which helps it to be more of a special time together. His favorite so far is the "cutting." He likes to use scissors.
Amy
T-18 Masters degree Cyber Security WGU
T-16 Bachelors in Cyber Security WGU
A-12 Res to Ref
A-10 Res to Ref
Heart of Dakota user since 2007.

gracelikerain

Post by gracelikerain » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:09 pm

First time HOD user here!
I will be using it this coming August with my 4ds. Can't wait!!

God Bless!!
Georgette~
Isaiah 54:13
Blessed with 5 awesome gifts from God!
Trail Blazing 4 HIM!
dd-12-CTC
dd-9-Preparing
ds-6-LHFHG
dd-3-tagging along & keeping life real fun!
ds-5 months

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:25 am

I've been thinking about using it with my son when he turns 3 (Nov.), but we will probably start after the holidays so not till next Jan. At least that is the thought for now....subject to change of course! :D
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:28 pm

We are using LHTH with our just-turned-five-year-old. We've had it a while, but haven't gotten very far due to traveling a lot. I plan to begin full-time when we start school back up with the older two...not sure, maybe August, at least by September. Was planning to go year-round, but looks like we'll have summer off after all, for the most part.