What's Next?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
DawnO

What's Next?

Post by DawnO » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:57 am

I will be doing Bigger Hearts with my 7 1/2 year old starting in August. He will be in 2nd grade. After we complete the year, what do we do the following year for 3rd grade? Do we do the same curriculum again? Or move up to the next book? I'm a little confused.

davisfam7

Re: What's Next?

Post by davisfam7 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:42 am

Dawn, you would just go into the next guide. At your son's age he might need to slow down in either Preparing or CtC to work on certain skills that need to be in place to build upon. Since he is hitting the guides early then this will give you some leeway if you have to go down to half pace for awhile in order for those building block skills to cement. If he keeps progressing just fine, I'd just keep going. There have been threads talking about kids getting done with the guides a year early and using that last year to CLEP or start college classes early. I would just take each guide as it comes and know that you have wiggle room :D
Sarah
wife to Bobby
Taylor 22 helping @ home
Ryan 18 World History
Olivia 16 World History
Alec 13 MtMM
Jack-Attack 1 CtC
Have done Bigger, Preparing, RtR, Rev to Rev, MtMM, World Geo.