Carrie and Julie's Dad

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
homeforhim

Re: Carrie and Julie's Dad

Post by homeforhim » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:09 pm

Praying for you both and for your families as you deal with the loss of your dad.

Rachael
DS 15 M2MM
DS 12 M2MM
Enjoyed Preparing, CTC, Res2Ref, & Rev2Rev

tpschettle

Post by tpschettle » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:42 pm

So sorry for the loss of your dad. God bless you and your family for your service to us at this difficult time. May God pour out in your laps a shaken together and overflowing measure of what you've given: assurance, comfort, attention, & encouragement.
Tina
Jn 14:1-3, Is 53:14

Jim's wife 22 years
16yo DS R2R, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RV2RV, MTMM
13yo DS Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RV2RV, MTMM

Arise, shine;
For your light has come!
And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you.
Is 60:1

anointedhsmom

Post by anointedhsmom » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:01 pm

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I understand the grief and I pray that the Lord comforts each one of you during this time.
Blessings,
Paige in TN
Joshua 14 & Jacob 7
http://www.anointedhsmom.blogspot.com

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:08 pm

Ladies,

Thank you so much for your heartfelt outpouring of sympathy. Our Dad was an amazing man of God and a reflection of our Heavenly Father. We were privileged to have Dad here with us on earth for many years and know that He is now singing with the saints in heaven. This gives me tremendous comfort and makes my personal link with heaven all the sweeter. I know many of you are walking the road filled with health-related concerns right now, and I pray God's perfect peace will surround and uplift you today on your journey. The Lord is faithful and will give you what you need.

Love,
Carrie

SouthernMrs

Post by SouthernMrs » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:20 pm

Praying for all of you at this time. I pray God will surround you with His peace and comfort.
(((((Hugs Carrie and Julie and family)))))
Charlene

Rev2Rev (8th gr. ds)
World History (11th gr. dd)
HOD Users since 2007

OneFunSon

Post by OneFunSon » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:32 pm

Carrie and Julie,

Prayers for comfort for you and your loved ones during this season of grief at the passing of your dear father, and of joy for his entry into his final home with our Savior.

Peace and Joy,

Karen

Sharon

Post by Sharon » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:38 am

((( Carrie and family)))

I am so sorry to hear about your father. Praying for all of you.
Wife to Jesse,
Mom to Michelle, Dawn, Rose, Marie
DD14 Rev to Rev, MTMM in the Fall
Enjoyed Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, and World Geo.

queenireneof3

Post by queenireneof3 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:00 am

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! As my own dad struggles with intense pain on a daily basis, I understand the double-sided grief/joy that comes when a believer goes to be with Jesus. Praying for you today!
Sara Irene
wife to Brett for 16 years already!
mommy of ds B (13yo), dd S (11yo), ds S (7yo), dd (3 yo), dd (1.5yo), and two who went to meet Jesus 3/5/2014 and 7/23/14

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:09 am

Thank you for all of your comforting words here, ladies! We are so blessed to have all of you in our lives. The Christian counsel I receive on this board is a balm to my soul. So many of you are going through difficult times as well. One thing I learned from leading a women's Bible study - every single woman has things going on in her life that are heavy. Some are heavier than others, but all have some burdens to bear. I do not know what I'd do without my Lord Jesus Christ as my Savior! I've talked with Him everywhere - in the middle of the night, driving to the oncologist appointments, in the shower in the morning making myself wait to call my mom and ask the dreaded question how dad was doing, and late at night when I could not sleep. While my formal Bible quiet time in the morning sometimes suffered, my walk with Jesus has been a constant conversation day and night. He walks with me, and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own"... It is odd how my music preferences changed. The old hymns brought me the most comfort and help in time of need, this past year especially. I know from having studied hymns in various ways through the years with HOD, most of those hymn writers wrote those hymns in times they were in dire need of the Lord. That comes through when I listen to them. Bible verses have also become even more dear. The words in the Bible have helped me through difficult days and come to mind randomly, I'm sure as the Lord brought them. "For we know in ALL things God works for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose" (which I know fits my Dad too). "Many are the plans of man's heart but the Lord directs thy path." "Lean not on thy own understanding, but in all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct thy paths." "Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

In our grief, we rest assured we will see our Dad again someday in heaven. Dad said, "Meet me at the Eastern Gate" - and we will. Oh how we will miss you until then, precious, beloved Father and Papa.

He leadeth me, O blessed thought!
O words with heav’nly comfort fraught!
Whate’er I do, where’er I be
Still ’tis God’s hand that leadeth me.
Refrain:
He leadeth me, He leadeth me,
By His own hand He leadeth me;
His faithful foll’wer I would be,
For by His hand He leadeth me.
Sometimes ’mid scenes of deepest gloom,
Sometimes where Eden’s bowers bloom,
By waters still, o’er troubled sea,
Still ’tis His hand that leadeth me.
Lord, I would place my hand in Thine,
Nor ever murmur nor repine;
Content, whatever lot I see,
Since ’tis my God that leadeth me.
And when my task on earth is done,
When by Thy grace the vict’ry’s won,
E’en death’s cold wave I will not flee,
Since God through Jordan leadeth me.

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

John'smom

Post by John'smom » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:45 am

While I haven't posted on this thread specifically, I have on your FB page that we are praying for you all. Your walk with the Lord really shines through the midst of it all and is such an encouragement to me. Continued love and prayers for you all.
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM