Hello from England

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
spidermansmum

Hello from England

Post by spidermansmum » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:34 am

Just thought I would introduce myself .Im Sam.I have just recieved my Little Hearts For His Glory Curriculum.Im really excited about putting it into practice but Im holding off until early september.Im determined to give my 5 year old son a long summer break before we start back at schooling.I have just started home educating my son after a short time in school.
Anyhow Hi.

Mom2SHZC

Post by Mom2SHZC » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:58 am

Welcome, Sam. I am new here also. I would really like to start on HOD stuff, but we won't start our new school year til January 2009 so I haven't even ordered yet. :(

Looking forward to getting to know you. :D

Leslie in TN

Welcome!

Post by Leslie in TN » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:07 am

Just wanted to add my "welcome" too.. what part of the UK are you in? :)
Leslie in TN
Mama to Eva & Laura (16) and Samuel (14)

Currently using: World Geography with VideoText Algebra
Veterans of Rev2Rev, CTC, PHFHG and BLHFHG

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:35 am

Welcome Sam! Your going to love HOD.
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:28 am

:D :D :D WELCOME SAM :D :D :D
Very nice to have you here!

:D Mel
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:32 pm

Welcome! How exciting to have someone from England on the board! :D We are using LHFHG also. You will love it. The only problem I have had with it is my two little ones using it never want to take a break. :lol: They would do school 24/7 if I would allow it. It's a very fun program. I know you'll love it too.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:33 pm

Hi, Sam. Where are you in England? My husband has applied for a sales position in Europe-hoping for England. We don't know yet if he got the job. Just wanted to say hello, and welcome. HOD is great!

I researched home school laws there...and it seems much more relaxed than our NY regulations! :?

Again, welcome! I'm sure you'll love Little Hearts.

Wendy

netpea

Post by netpea » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:06 pm

Welcome to the boards. We'll be starting LHFHG in August for my youngest and Bigger for my oldest.

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:43 pm

Welcome to Heart of Dakota! How exciting to have you! You will be our official UK rep! :D Your sweet little five year old is going to adore playing with mommy while learning together! HOD makes it so easy for us to get right in there and do because they've done all the work! :D :D :D
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:35 pm

Welcome!!! Nice to add a new face!! :-)
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

momto2grls

Post by momto2grls » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:56 pm

Hi Sam,
We are also new to HOD. We just started with our curriculum this past week and are loving it.
Welcome! :D
Proud mom of 2 girls :
dd - 7yrs Bigger Hearts
dd - 3yrs Little Hands

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:57 am

inHistiming wrote:Hi, Sam. Where are you in England? My husband has applied for a sales position in Europe-hoping for England. We don't know yet if he got the job. Just wanted to say hello, and welcome. HOD is great!

I researched home school laws there...and it seems much more relaxed than our NY regulations! :?

Again, welcome! I'm sure you'll love Little Hearts.

Wow what a lovely welcome-thankyou

Wendy
Really Wendy?I think its relaxed if you have never signed them up to schoolor preschool.However if you at any point de register them from school or preschool ;the LEA [local education Authority] firstly will write and have you respond on what educational provision you are providing.I already filled out a 4 page A4 document detailing what curriculum I am providing for my 5year old child.Then we get assigned an EWO-Educational Welfare Officer.We are are not obligated to have them come to our house and inspect-but on the whole its advised that we do.The EWO may just carry out a one time inspection or may carry out yearly inspections.The EWO has the power to authorise a school attendance Order.I have known people who have never had copntact with the LEA or EWO but most do.I even know of some families who have never been to school and been reffered to the LEA by their Doctors.
Anyhow I hope that hasnt put you off relocating to England.

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:01 am

MamaMary wrote:Welcome to Heart of Dakota! How exciting to have you! You will be our official UK rep! :D Your sweet little five year old is going to adore playing with mommy while learning together! HOD makes it so easy for us to get right in there and do because they've done all the work! :D :D :D
I accept the position of Uk Rep.I have already started passing on to my friends about HOD :D

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:51 pm

No...I was fairly concerned about our move to NY (last year) after living and homeschooling in Florida, but the move and changes were pretty easily incorporated. I think if it's meant for us to move there, God will clear the way and help me to acclimate accordingly. :wink:

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:06 pm

Welcome Sam!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!