More questions about placement

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
street57

More questions about placement

Post by street57 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:55 am

I am not homeschooling yet but I am next year. I have CTC already for my then 5th graders to do. However I have a then 9th grader and am concerned about his hs credits. If I do the new Geography I am not sure if he would be able to handle it coming from ps. He is smart and in the gifted program but I still am concerned. The end of the year test they take here is the MAP test and he always scores advanced. Is the level of work in the Geography guide hard? Is it a lot of work? Should I start him at RTR or REVTREV or MTM just to get him used to the style. If I start him at MTM is that enough work for hs or would I have to beef it up. I did read the post on beefing up the programs but just wanted to get someones advice about this.