Who's doing Beyond this summer/fall?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Lilyanna

Post by Lilyanna » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:16 pm

I'll be doing Beyond with my dd, who turns 7 in September. I haven't decided when to start, but I'm sure it will be mid-summer. We will be using DITHOR as well. This is my first HOD curriculum, and I am excited.

annegirl1919

Post by annegirl1919 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:43 pm

i'll be starting july 1st (or soon there after) with my dd who's 6, turning 7 in august.

we'll be doing lhth with my ds who will be 4 then.
wife to jaret '98
foster mom to andie '93
mom to aviah '01
mom to smith '04
mom to faye '08

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:40 am

How exciting to see all the Beyond users! We are using Beyond and Little hands this year. Right now we are working on math and language arts while I am cleaning and organizing my home.

I go away next week for annual ladies planning retreat and will figure out when we will start back with Beyond! Since I am planning on teaching it at our co-op I have to wait until I have time to figure out all the details. :wink:
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

madlib

Post by madlib » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:39 am

I will start Beyond this August with my dd who turns 7 in July. I also have dd 3 and dd 6 wks so it should be an interesting year. We are really excited to find HOD and I can't wait to get started.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:30 pm

Ooh, Ladies! I'm excited for all of you to do "Beyond..." too. We'll be headed into it for the second time once we finish LHFHG with my third little guy. We pray you'll enjoy it as much as we have! :wink:

Blessigns,
Carrie

mom2girls

Post by mom2girls » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:38 am

We actually started Beyond today! We just finished MFWK. We school year round because it fits better with my work schedule. My 6 yo has alot of summer camp activities so we'll take it slow through the summer.

I'm looking forward to the year and sharing experiences!

Mary

jsusgrl

Post by jsusgrl » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:02 pm

We are starting Beyond at the end of August/ Sept.!!! I can't wait!:-)
I'll be using it with my 6 yr old daughter and 8 yr old son with extensions from DITHOR for my 8 yr old and Bigger Math and English lessons for him as well:-)
God bless you all,
Angie

coconuts

Post by coconuts » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:03 pm

Editing because I changed my mind today. I will continue with Beyond for the Summer and put him in Bigger with his sisters for the coming school year.
Last edited by coconuts on Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isaiah 26:3-4

Lisa E

Ann,

Post by Lisa E » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:00 pm

I am new to HOD also. I am starting Beyond with my dd soon to be 7 in August. I just finished attending the Denver hs convention last weekend and spent most of my time at HOD booth. I am so excited to start the American Pioneers and Patriots book that we may not wait until August to start. I have had my dd on R&S eng 2 since March and just completed Singapore Math 1A. This will fit right in with my plan and I will start in the middle of emerging reader and then start DITHOR hopefully in December or January. I love the flexibility of this program so that I can add to or take away depending on my dd acedemic needs. This will be my first full year of hs, I have only one and she is like having 3 boys!! I am in Colorado and send all my prayers out to those of you in the flood area.

Loving the idea of the hs option
Lisa

moedertje

Starting Beyond fall 2008

Post by moedertje » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:49 pm

Hello everyone,

I was blessed to see this thread, thank you Ann. I am starting Beyond in October with my 5 year old son who will be 6 at the end of October.

We did LHTH and are halfway through LHFHG. I was absolutely thrilled 2 years ago when we found LHTH as I was new to even the idea of homescchooling, being from another coutry.
My son so enjoyed it and he learned much.

Because of his age we have started a bit later than the official schoolyear, but he is doing great and we are enjoying LHFHG very much.

I have the same situation as Karen. A 3 year old son and a 1 year old daughter.

I will not start LHTH with my 3 year old till next year so my 5 year old can be more independent.

In reply to Dorla: for copy work I will copy the handwriting paper from my Italics handwriting program I use and for consistency I will have him copy what I write out. (I am still learning the Italics alphabet myself since we just switched in February when we started LHFHG). I love the Italic.

Blessings and hope to see you in a few short months.
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

MidwestMama

Post by MidwestMama » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:01 pm

We have not yet "firmly" decided to homeschool our son, who is five, will be six in December. But if we do, and I think we're strongly leaning that way, we'll also be doing Beyond!! :)

Cris

skillet04

Post by skillet04 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:00 pm

We'll be starting Beyond on 7/7
It will be our official "2nd grade" year and DS will turn 7 later that month.

We are in the KC Metro area

here's to a great year!
Swylv :cry:
Praying for another child since june 2002 -- you'd cry too, even DS cries to be a big brother.
DS 07/2001 -- BLHFHG for the 08-09 year
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/noahsmom

jensmom

Post by jensmom » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:58 pm

We will start Beyond sometime in August. DD just turned 6 this month and I started her on Singapore K after she finished kindergarten at a church school. I want to finish that before I start 1A just to make certain that she is ready for 1A. We are new to homeschooling and very excited about the possibilities.
:lol:

I am also looking forward to getting to know all of you as we move through this new adventure.

Judy
2nd year HODie/homeschooler - Using Bigger for 2nd grade
dd - 7 - June '02
Metro Atlanta

Momto3wahines

Post by Momto3wahines » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:39 am

So cool to see so many wonderful families using Beyond next year. My dd7 turning 8 will use it. My ddK will use the left side with her sister. If it doesn't work to combine, we'll just have ddK use LHFHG - probably one side a day (with reading everyday!) Thanks for all the great ideas. We look forward to sharing stories and questions with you! :D

Angela