question about high school levels

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
momofjka

question about high school levels

Post by momofjka » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:46 pm

I just got an email about the new highschool guide that will be published and it got me thinking (never too early to plan right?) Does anyone know if Carrie is planning to have 4 guides for the highschool years? If she does, then how would that work if my son is using CTC this year for 6th grade...doing one guide a year, he would complete Res to Ref for 7th, Rev to Rev for 8th, and MtM for 9th. But if there are going to be 4 highschool guides planned, then wouldn't he "graduate" with one guide not completed?
Wife of Jim
Mom of:
Jason (10) PHFHG
Katrina (7) BLHFHG
Anthony (5) LHFHG
Vincent (Born 4/23/2012)

arstephia

Re: question about high school levels

Post by arstephia » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:18 pm

Yes, my 9th grader did MTMM with extensions for high school credit, we are doing each new guide as it comes out, so yes he will graduate without completing the final guide (Amer History 1900-Present and Economics) but since MTMM covers that time period and we did extensions, he is getting the high school credit already for that American History course. We also did the workbook that goes with Penny Candy during MTMM and he is doing RC Sproul's Everyday Economics DVD course between now and his graduation to round out his Economics credit. Basically he will have Modern American history before Early American history on his transcript, but the content is there. My DH has a history degree and is more than comfortable with this plan. We are getting WAY more content and depth than a typical high school program. So no worries!
I've done all the guides now with at least one child and still feeling the HOD LOVE. LOL!
DD 9- Preparing
DD 13- Rev 2 Rev
DS 15- Geography

my3sons

Re: question about high school levels

Post by my3sons » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:21 pm

I totally second what arstephia said! :D Great advice - so, no worries! :D Many, many, many other families are following this same path. :wink: HTH!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie