Did Beyond with 6,8 yr old. Bigger too much for 6, now what?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
bcgmomof3

Did Beyond with 6,8 yr old. Bigger too much for 6, now what?

Post by bcgmomof3 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:49 pm

So, I put my 6 and 8 year old in Beyond this year. It made the teaching so much easier because History, Science and Bible were done together. I didn't require my younger to do copywork as he is just learning to read and write well. We did Reading Lessons and OPGTR with him. Both boys did their own Math on level. My question is what to do next year. My oldest is ready for Bigger. He loves Science and can handle the copywork and notebooking. My younger is not ready for Bigger. He is still working on his Handwriting and his fine motor skills are not at the point he can handle the writing required. I am considering going back and doing LHFHG but I am worried about it being too young for him now. I have also considered doing Beyond again and having him do history and science with his older brother or substituting for History and Science. Help! I need suggestions on where to go.
Thanks!
Kate :roll: