2nd child same curriculum question...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
jeffchastain

2nd child same curriculum question...

Post by jeffchastain » Thu May 02, 2013 3:43 pm

I have recently purchased M2MM for my current 9th grader to begin in summer and give credits for her 10th grade year.
We will also likely be growing our family once again with the addition of an on grade level current 7th grader. I think she
will do great in this program. My question is this: Due to budgeting restraints, I am hoping that it is not necessary to purchase curriculum in it's entirety for
this child as well. What things must I purchase seperately for each child? I so know English and Math, but I am more referring to
the materials in the packages. Also, if you currently "share books" for your children in order to save money... how does this work
for you? Thanks so much!

Blessings,
TRacy

4Hispraise

Re: 2nd child same curriculum question...

Post by 4Hispraise » Thu May 02, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi Tracey. I have not completed M2MM yet, but I have it in a box. When I went through the materials, I think that you would need an extra set of the student notebook pages, the writing program (maybe?), nature drawing journal, DITHOR workbook and anything else consumable (I don't know about the writing program). State study if you are doing that - I think is consumable.

When I schooled two in the same guide, I only purchased double of the things that the students write in. Then, I made a schedule for each of them using different resources at different times of the day. It worked well. My only regret was not getting each kiddo their own guide. It really would have made our days so much easier and smoother if each had his own guide!

We had a great time the year that we schooled the boys together. There were only a few bumps to work out - sharing of books took me and the boys a little bit of time to get figured out.

HTH! May the Lord pour out His grace upon you as He grows your family. :D
Shelly- bride of 22 yrs. to My Hero
Mom to 2 treasures on earth, and 2 treasures in Heaven
DS - 16
DS - 7 Bigger Hearts For His Glory

jeffchastain

Re: 2nd child same curriculum question...

Post by jeffchastain » Thu May 02, 2013 8:22 pm

Thank you so much for your reply, Shelly. You answered my questions beautifully. I do think I will purchase another guide as well, I can see how that will make things easier.

Blessings,
Tracy