It's happened already.

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Jessi

It's happened already.

Post by Jessi » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:24 pm

I was quite excited about our ABC devotions today. It was Proverbs 15:1 "A soft answer turns away wrath." and just a half hour after we discussed it, my daughter and a friend were arguing about something silly and I was able to remind them about the verse and what that means, and they both smiled real big and used "good words" to express what they wanted! I am tickled pink as the friend is from an unchurched family. God is planting seeds everywhere.

I have heard plenty of you ladies mention how a lesson from HOD is applied in everyday life but I wasn't expecting it to be so obvious in the first week. There I go underestimating my Lord again. Will I ever learn?
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:01 am

How wonderful! :D That really is the entire point of homeschooling to me, to have it get into their heart and minds and then watch them apply it. That is so exciting that you have established that at such an early age! It is so amazing to me that they get what you could try to teach an adult forever. It is all in that tending to the state of their heart while their heart is still easily molded and helping them really know Him. I love that HOD helps us do that! 8) It's so great to have a curriculum that gets that!

Also congratulations on your victory in mommyhood! :wink:
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:15 am

I can't wait to have moments like that with my son!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

netpea

Post by netpea » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:37 am

Wow, that just warms my heart! It's wonderful to see the effect of God's word.

kissmykids

Post by kissmykids » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:14 pm

Isn't it amazing how God's word can do so much more than mommy's words?? That's such a great story, Jessi--I can't wait till we start on Monday! :D
Heather

Married to an incredible dh for almost 9 years!
Mommy to two blessings:
ds 3 (almost 4) LHTH +
ds 2 LHTH

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:23 am

Oh Jessi,

That is a perfect example that explains the heart of Heart Of Dakota! :D :D :D
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:04 pm

Jessi,

What a wonderful job you did of applying the lesson from the devotional.

It's so true when Heather said:
Isn't it amazing how God's word can do so much more than mommy's words??
Blessings,
Carrie