My DITHR got lost in the mail!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
lovetobehome

My DITHR got lost in the mail!

Post by lovetobehome » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:55 am

Cry with me, ladies! We began BIGGER a few weeks ago and were waiting on DITHR to arrive, I bought it used (Manual and 2/3 and 4/5 books). I paid for it Apr 18, and it has been lost in the mail! The USPS opened it to inspect as it was media mail, and they had the package but have misplaced the contents! Sniffle, sniffle....I was waiting, but think it has been too long at this point. I guess it is time to reorder it.....so sad!

netpea

Post by netpea » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:19 am

what a bummer! That must feel like torture to be waiting so long then poof it's gone. :cry:

susie in ms

Post by susie in ms » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:18 am

Oh no!!! I REALLY hope things work out for you!!!

I had that happen once....with contents worth hundreds!!

First you have to wait 30 to lapse before they start an invest. then it can take another month before they will compensate. Was it insured???? I sure hope so, or you may be out of luck. I never insure anything worth under $40 , but over that I fork it over.

My package obviously ended up being the victim of theft. The post master found the package (that had been thoroughly secured) opened with half the contents all in a tub hidden under a table.
Susie ~ servant to Christ, wife to Ricky for 25 years, mom to Trisha 22, Kris 21, Joshua 19 and Hannah Grace almost 4.
Loving Little Hands to Heaven!

lovetobehome

Post by lovetobehome » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:23 am

Oh, that is sad! No, it wasn't insured, the sender didn't use tracking, didn't keep her receipt, etc. She has been great though, and I still have hopes it may turn up. Thanks for commiserating with me!

Tabitha

Re: My DITHR got lost in the mail!

Post by Tabitha » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:36 am

lovetobehome wrote:Cry with me, ladies! We began BIGGER a few weeks ago and were waiting on DITHR to arrive, I bought it used (Manual and 2/3 and 4/5 books). I paid for it Apr 18, and it has been lost in the mail! The USPS opened it to inspect as it was media mail, and they had the package but have misplaced the contents! Sniffle, sniffle....I was waiting, but think it has been too long at this point. I guess it is time to reorder it.....so sad!
Oh Meg! I am so sorry to hear that. I sure hope it turns up. Can't they just scan these packages and see books are in them...like an xray?

Shoot, just by the way the box handles/feels when holding it and shaking it around a little, you can tell when books are inside and when they aren't.

Crying with ya,
Tab