Our First Day using Bigger

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Ruth in FL

Our First Day using Bigger

Post by Ruth in FL » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:33 pm

Hello ladies!
Well, what a nice morning Anna and I had doing school! She loves to do school anytime, anywhere!
I am so pleased with BHFHG!

My dd enjoyed the Science so much that we actually did the next day too, just so she could draw the pictures of the low/high tide in her new science journal notebook!
After we did that, she asked if we could do a little more of tomorrow's work today. That was fine with me, since tomorrow I am working a few hours so school might not get done!

Every day is not "double day" at my house,and some days our school attitude is not the best(stinky, you might say), but when a child asks to do a little more school, how can you say no???
Funny how God makes our children all so different...my other dd Rachel,asked in a very concerned voice, "Do I have to do school too???"
She is done until August and couldnt be happier!

Ruth
married 20 yrs to Mark, mom to three daughters 25,14,10
two sons 19 and 17, Nana to two boys 6 and 3.
Proud mother in law of a US Army Soldier.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:40 pm

What a great start, Ruth! We just finished Bigger... last week, and I can assure you that you and your dd are going to enjoy the whole year!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for sharing your first day with us!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:34 pm

Oh Ruth,

Thanks for sharing with us your daughter's precious first day. It sounds so cuddly and enjoyable. We appreciate your sage advice and years of experience on this board.

Blessings,
Carrie :wink:

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:37 pm

Ruth - I love the picture of you and your daughter enjoying Bigger. It makes me even more eager to get going with my son...but it will be just as enjoyable when we get there, I'm sure!

Have fun!
:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH