dying of excitement

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
annegirl1919

dying of excitement

Post by annegirl1919 » Sat May 31, 2008 11:42 am

well, not really of course. but i just keep finding myself so excited for july 1st. this is when we start lhth for the second time and beyond for the 1st time. we get to do history and science! all in a purposeful way. we get to read chapter books and start learning about writing!! can you believe this much excitement over teaching school? and i'm not just excited to teach her, i'm really excited about learning it all myself. (especially the history.)

woohoo!!
wife to jaret '98
foster mom to andie '93
mom to aviah '01
mom to smith '04
mom to faye '08

Amey

Me too!

Post by Amey » Sat May 31, 2008 12:03 pm

Hi annegirl,

I feel the same way! :D :D I just got my box of LHFHG two days ago and after looking through it all am SUPER excited to start it with my first grader! I spent yesterday laminating my TM and the CLP books, and spread the whole lot out on the floor so I could just look through stuff! Fun times :D
Amey
Missionary Mama in Mexico to Benjamin 02, Averic 04 and Deacon 07 and our first GIRL, Phoebe, born August 16, 2009
using Bigger Hearts for my 2nd grade son, finished Beyond last year for 1st
Come visit our family website! http://www.familyafair.com

susie in ms

Post by susie in ms » Sat May 31, 2008 1:58 pm

I am right there with you guys!! I think we need to start a support group for hs moms with HCLD (Hyperactive Curriculum Love Disorder) :lol:
Susie ~ servant to Christ, wife to Ricky for 25 years, mom to Trisha 22, Kris 21, Joshua 19 and Hannah Grace almost 4.
Loving Little Hands to Heaven!

mamaduke

Post by mamaduke » Sat May 31, 2008 2:48 pm

Me too! Me too!

And you know what? Our enthusiasm about learning is bound to be contagious to our students! I am truly praising God for the blessing of HOD in our lives. I hope my family loves it as much as I think we will.
Julie
9yo ds completed Little Hands, Little Hearts, Beyond, and currently in Bigger
6yo twin girls completed Little Hands, currently in Little Hearts
4yo ds alongside
1 yo darling dd, stuffing crayons in her onesie
#6 due in April!

Motherjoy

Post by Motherjoy » Sat May 31, 2008 4:24 pm

Ditto!

I was trying to explain to my mom why I was so excited. I took my catalog over and showed her. She didn't really care! That's okay. I still love her.
MJ, mom to 8
2015-2016 plan
*17yo is dual-enrolled after using HOD for 7 years
*11yo, 10yo, 9yo, and 7yo - CTC with modifications
*5yo, 4yo - LHTH
*3yo - playschool

Accomplished: LHTH, LHFHG, BHFHG, Beyond, PHFHG, RTR, Rev to Rev, MTMM, WG, WH

Amey

hehe!

Post by Amey » Sat May 31, 2008 5:04 pm

Lol Susie! I agree, about the support group. :oops:
*standing up* "Hi, my name's Amey and I have Hyperactice Curriculum Love disorder." *sitting down* Whew, glad that's over with...the first step is admitting you have a problem! :lol:
Motherjoy~ my Mom would just say "uh huh, looks great honey" if I brought my catalog over. You're not alone! :roll:
Amey
Missionary Mama in Mexico to Benjamin 02, Averic 04 and Deacon 07 and our first GIRL, Phoebe, born August 16, 2009
using Bigger Hearts for my 2nd grade son, finished Beyond last year for 1st
Come visit our family website! http://www.familyafair.com

happyhomeschooling

Post by happyhomeschooling » Sat May 31, 2008 11:28 pm

Oh I will join the support group too. I also have HCLD! My dd started in LHFHG in Jan. and the first thing I purchased with our '''stimulus package" was BLHFHG!

We wont even start it till Jan. 09! :D I agree admitting you have a "problem" is the first step! ok I will admit it, I LOVE HOD :wink:

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:02 am

My name is Crystal and I am here to join the support group. :lol:

I too am very excited to be learning so much along side of my kids. I can't wait to get to all the great stuff that's in the older programs. But I must admit, I'm learning some in LHFHG too.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

susie in ms

Post by susie in ms » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:40 am

Hey if we had not gone to the Creation Museum with our stimulus package I would have used part of it for curriculum too! :wink: And let me tell you Hannah is only 3yo, BUT I have had LHTH and LLATL Blue (did have Red) and MFW-K, and R&S 1st math and phonics/reading since she was ONE!! besides my addiction I have no other way to REALLY check out programs except to buy them used and look over them good. But the shear number of years in advance that I have had the books tell you something about my addiction!! :lol: And that we had better income back then too!! Now I have only added LHFHG to my collection. Poor me! Only 2 years in advance! :lol:

Besides my addiction I also have this nagging fear that when the time comes I won't have the money for the curriculum we need. Anyone else like this :?:
Susie ~ servant to Christ, wife to Ricky for 25 years, mom to Trisha 22, Kris 21, Joshua 19 and Hannah Grace almost 4.
Loving Little Hands to Heaven!

happyhomeschooling

Post by happyhomeschooling » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:55 am

yes! I definatley relate to that. That is why I bought our curriculum 8 mo. in advance, I never want to be in a position where we need the curriculum and can't afford it for whatever reason, that is why the first thing we bought with our stimulus was next years curriculum, now I know that no matter what, we are coverd! At least until 2010 :lol:
Wife to my best freind for 21 yrs. Mama to Stephaney, Elizabeth, and Victoria who are home with the Lord. Blessed with my Destiney 7, currently using BLHFHG