weep no more!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Marty D

weep no more!

Post by Marty D » Fri May 30, 2008 10:06 pm

No I did not find my catalog, but something just as good happened today. I went to my mailbox, and there in my box was a SECOND CATALOG! Let me tell you, I did not waste the opportunity to delve into it!!!

Now, you remember I spoke of my dh's lack of understanding as to the importance of said catalog. I must tell you that it may have been that he hid my catalog to save the house! You see, now that I have devoured it a couple of times, I am making a list, and then I am checking it twice, and then I am adding some more and tweaking, and lets just say, I WANT IT ALL NOW!

I was thinking that maybe Carrie could hire me to sit at the book fair that is coming in July to Charlotte, NC. I would be happy to sit both days, and I promise I would sell sell sell. All I ask in return is all the materials!! :lol: Hmm, I wonder if she will like this idea?

Actually, I am still trying to decide between Beyond and Bigger with my oldest ds. In some areas he is ready for Bigger, but then I wonder about a few areas. He is not great at writing (we do a lot orally) and he has a hard time with complete sentences. (Coming up with them himself) That is the main concern with Bigger. I have definitely decided to go ahead and get HOD and not finish the entire SL core (I can use many of the books I bought from SL, so it will not be a huge waste of money.) After really studying, I just can't put it off. This is what I have been wanting since before we started.

Ok, well I am going to go,and probably flip through the catalog one more time before I go to bed....just in case I can't find it in the morning. :)
Martha

Mom to 3 boys --Nathanael 8, Daniel 5, and Karsten 2

Tabitha

Re: weep no more!

Post by Tabitha » Sat May 31, 2008 12:24 am

Marty D wrote: I was thinking that maybe Carrie could hire me to sit at the book fair that is coming in July to Charlotte, NC. I would be happy to sit both days, and I promise I would sell sell sell. All I ask in return is all the materials!! :lol: Hmm, I wonder if she will like this idea?
Wahoo for that second catalog!

And Carrie, if you read this, I'll grab Michigan for ya - lol! :lol:

eazbnsmom

Post by eazbnsmom » Sat May 31, 2008 4:51 am

So glad you have another catalog to look through. I received mine in the mail yesterday also and am enjoying it. :)
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

susie in ms

Post by susie in ms » Sat May 31, 2008 6:16 am

You are too much!! :lol:
I think your dh was trying to save not only the house, but also his pocket book!! :lol: But you have found a way to take care of the latter. :D

Glad you are now out of the pit of despair! :lol:
Susie ~ servant to Christ, wife to Ricky for 25 years, mom to Trisha 22, Kris 21, Joshua 19 and Hannah Grace almost 4.
Loving Little Hands to Heaven!

Vicki

Post by Vicki » Sat May 31, 2008 7:03 am

I'm happy that a replacement came along quickly for you! I've looked mine over till it's about dog-eared! :lol:
Moving along at our own pace, and very happy with it!

BlessedMommy

Post by BlessedMommy » Sat May 31, 2008 7:03 am

Carrie... I will do the SC and GA confrences next year!!!!

Hugs
Adrienne Kleeman
Wife to a WONDERFUL Hubby
Mommy to:
Avery - 8
Trenton - 6
Isabelle - 4

netpea

Post by netpea » Sat May 31, 2008 7:43 am

YAY! don't you love it when things turn up finally (even in the form of a replacement)... Have fun drooling over it for a while.

BlessedMommy

Post by BlessedMommy » Sat May 31, 2008 7:45 pm

I am so glad you got a new copy. After reading your story I went and put my copy under lock and key...... Just kidding....

I am really glad that you are able to look now.

Blessings
Adrienne Kleeman
Wife to a WONDERFUL Hubby
Mommy to:
Avery - 8
Trenton - 6
Isabelle - 4