Sneak Peek #6: New World Geography Guide

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
SMiles

Re: Sneak Peek #6: New World Geography Guide

Post by SMiles » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:52 am

Great Sneak Peek! I am just wondering if the first edition would be ok to use?

Thanks and looking forward to seeing the book list with this! :D
Sherry~Married to dh for 19 years!

DS14~Rev2Rev with extensions, Saxon math & Dithor~
DD12~CTC with extensions, Saxon math & Dithor~

We have used Beyond, Preparing, CTC, and RTR!!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:52 am

It is my understanding that the BJU 2nd edition was updated and changed quite a bit from the 1st edition, however I do not own a 1st edition to compare for myself. :D It may be worth a call to BJU to see what they say the differences are between the two editions. :D

Since we will be using the BJU text in its entirety in our guide, I think it would be much easier to have the edition that matches the HOD plans. We will be carrying the 2nd edition in our HOD store as part of a package that will also contain the needed full-length books your child will be reading as well. :D

We're looking forward to sharing our selections for real books in a coming sneak peek! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

lissiejo

Post by lissiejo » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:15 am

This is especially of interest to me as my degree is in literature. I am currently teaching a 7th and 8th grade literature/writing class for homeschool students and you have included everything I have! I have written my own curriculum, which was very challenging, and I understand the need to make sure it is thoroughly solid. We are years away from this guide, but it is still exciting for me to see how things are unfolding!
Melissa (Pastor's wife in NC)

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspot.com
Rose (12-years-old) - Revival to Revolution
Beth (10-years-old) - Creation to Christ
Grace (8-years-old) - Bigger Hearts for His Glory