We have CONFIRMED placement, placed orders, etc.

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
abrightmom

We have CONFIRMED placement, placed orders, etc.

Post by abrightmom » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:44 pm

After AGONIZING :mrgreen: over placement my DH and I have arrived at our Final Decision for 2013. Praise the LORD!! The orders to fill in the gaps have been placed, I'm nearly done prepping, and that is that. We are stepping way out in faith and placing each child in their own guide as I originally desired. It has been a tough decision to choose a placement scenario :shock: . We are EVEN going to run with DITHR for both boys and THIS TIME we are going to stay with it even when we hit bumps or fall flat. The Lord is gracious and I am So Very Thankful for HOD (hip hip hooray!).
Katrina 8) Wife to Ben, husband extraordinaire! God is so good!
DS21, DS20, DD18
Levi DS14

Tabitha

Re: We have CONFIRMED placement, placed orders, etc.

Post by Tabitha » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:23 pm

What a grand feeling!

Congrats on ordering completion, as that is a huge feat!
17 yo dd - finishing WH, Geometry, German, Music, Media Art - filmaking, stop animation, etc.
14 yo dd - finishing RTR & TT7, Piano, Animal Shelter Volunteer.
11 yo dd - CTC, finishing up TT5, Piano.

LovingJesus

Post by LovingJesus » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:38 pm

Congratulations Katrina!!

I am settling into HOD and our first three days this week was such a blessing and the happiest I have been homeschooling. Prayers for God's blessing with your decision and for 2013!

Carin
gratitude

3sweeties

Post by 3sweeties » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:59 pm

YAY!!! Just remember to ease into it and don't feel like you have to start at full-speed with each guide right in the beginning...I will be taking my own advice too on Monday morning b/c we have had a 2 week break for Christmas and are out of our groove! :D I pray you have a wonderful 2013 school year!!!
Jessica~married to my sweetie for 21 years!
[DS17]~U.S. HISTORY 2~2019-20
[DS14]-World Geography~2019-20
[DD12]~ RTR, DITHOR 6-8~2019-20
[DS9]~Bigger~2019-20
Enjoyed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, MTMM, WORLD GEOG, WORLD HIST, US HIST 1~LOVING HOD!

Homeschooling6

Post by Homeschooling6 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:59 pm

How exciting. It felt so good when I placed my order back in Sept.

Look forward to some weekly updates once you get started :wink:

Blessings,
Linda<><
Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
dd.15~RtR, MTMM, and now WG
ds.14~ PH, CTC, and now MtMM
ds.13~ PH, CTC, and now Rev2Rev
ds.11 ~Bigger, and now CtC
ds.10 ~ Preparing

http://www.homeschooling6.com

raindrops

Post by raindrops » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:58 am

Hah! That's awesome. I giggled when I saw the "husband extradionaire" in your siggy. Cute, cute.

And next comes BOX DAY!!
9 yr old boy in Preparing
6 yr old girl loving all things LHFHG

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:57 pm

HOORAY, Katrina! :D :D :D I am excited for you to begin, and I want to say that I think it is wonderful your dh was involved in the decision as well. May the Lord bless you with a wonderful homeschooling year! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

abrightmom

Post by abrightmom » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:53 pm

Homeschooling6 wrote:How exciting. It felt so good when I placed my order back in Sept.

Blessings,
Linda<><
Ladies,

Thanks for celebrating with me. We loved our HOD days last year and being away from it for so many months confirmed how MUCH I love it and how WELL my homeschool runs with it.

And Linda, I intend to post weekly updates once I get my technical snafus ironed out. :mrgreen:
DS21, DS20, DD18
Levi DS14

Homeschooling6

Post by Homeschooling6 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:26 pm

abrightmom wrote:
Homeschooling6 wrote:How exciting. It felt so good when I placed my order back in Sept.

Blessings,
Linda<><
Ladies,

Thanks for celebrating with me. We loved our HOD days last year and being away from it for so many months confirmed how MUCH I love it and how WELL my homeschool runs with it.

And Linda, I intend to post weekly updates once I get my technical snafus ironed out. :mrgreen:
Oh good, you know writing about school on my blog really helps keep me going and accountable. I know I don't do too many weekly updates here on the forum because I blog so much. Since you don't blog I really believe it will help you through those difficult days or just to have fun and connect with others. I do enjoy reading about everyone's week.

Do post your box day =)
Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
ds.10 ~ Preparing

abrightmom

Post by abrightmom » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:55 pm

Accountability is so important! I also LOVE seeing HOD in action via the updates. I enjoy your blog so much Linda, especially the pictures of your boys sleeping in crazy positions. :mrgreen:

Box Day is tiny as I already have almost all we need already. Sweeeeet! 8) I only had to order a DITHR student workbook, a chapter book, and a math book. :D
DS21, DS20, DD18
Levi DS14

Homeschooling6

Post by Homeschooling6 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:18 pm

abrightmom wrote:Accountability is so important! I also LOVE seeing HOD in action via the updates. I enjoy your blog so much Linda, especially the pictures of your boys sleeping in crazy positions. :mrgreen:

Box Day is tiny as I already have almost all we need already. Sweeeeet! 8) I only had to order a DITHR student workbook, a chapter book, and a math book. :D
Katrina, thanks, they do fall asleep in the strangest ways, I haven't had one fall asleep upside down yet :wink: . Sometimes my hubby and I wonder why we buy beds!!! Because at times all six kiddos sleep on the floor in one bedroom. But then again, there are times when they all want their own space.

Yes, accountability and you'll also realize how much school you do get done. I have gone back to some of my 2006 post and realize we did get a lot done even though I always felt we weren't doing enough.
Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
ds.10 ~ Preparing