WOE IS ME!!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Marty D

WOE IS ME!!!!

Post by Marty D » Thu May 29, 2008 4:33 pm

Ok girls. Get ready with some tissues, for when you read this post, even the most hard hearted of you will weep for me.

Yesterday I received the catalog. I was excited to look over it, but only flipped through it because I knew that my ds had pt and ot today, so I would have opportunity to look at it then, and he has soccer tonight, so I would have more time there. I thought I was being very smart by pacing myself, and enjoying it slowly. HAAAAAAA!!!

So this morning I get up and get ready to go, and then I went to get the treasure I had waited to read.....guess what. I CAN'T FIND IT!!! IT HAS DISAPPEARED INTO THIN AIR!!!! AAAAAHHHHH!

Ok, I have blamed my husband for eating it (he was complaining about being hungry last night and there was nothing in the house to eat). I have offered rewards for its safe return. So far nothing!

Anyone know of a good therapist? I may not get over this!!! I guess this means that the requested house cleaning book from Carrie needs to be out quickly!! I think it should be sent to me first, and maybe it should be super big so I don't lose it! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Martha

Mom to 3 boys --Nathanael 8, Daniel 5, and Karsten 2

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Thu May 29, 2008 4:36 pm

LOL! :D What a bummer that you can't find it. Hopefully it will turn up soon.

Gina
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

BlessedMommy

Post by BlessedMommy » Thu May 29, 2008 5:12 pm

I will be praying for you to find it....

You know, it will be in the last place you look. :lol: sorry I couldn't help myself.

Blessings
Adrienne Kleeman
Wife to a WONDERFUL Hubby
Mommy to:
Avery - 8
Trenton - 6
Isabelle - 4

susie in ms

Post by susie in ms » Thu May 29, 2008 5:25 pm

Oh my goodness! You are such a hoot!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hope it turns up soon, like the thermometer I have been searching endlessly for!
Susie ~ servant to Christ, wife to Ricky for 25 years, mom to Trisha 22, Kris 21, Joshua 19 and Hannah Grace almost 4.
Loving Little Hands to Heaven!

Mommamo

Post by Mommamo » Thu May 29, 2008 6:01 pm

I know exactly how you feel. That's tragic!
Momma to my 4 sweeties:
DD 14 - MTMM and DITHOR (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, took a couple years off, and now she's back!)
DS 11 and DD 9 - Preparing(completed 2 rounds of LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DD 6 - LHFHG

netpea

Post by netpea » Thu May 29, 2008 7:43 pm

did you check on top of the toilet? :lol: :lol: :lol:

MamaMary

Re: WOE IS ME!!!!

Post by MamaMary » Thu May 29, 2008 7:58 pm

Marty D wrote:Ok girls. Get ready with some tissues, for when you read this post, even the most hard hearted of you will weep for me.

Yesterday I received the catalog. I was excited to look over it, but only flipped through it because I knew that my ds had pt and ot today, so I would have opportunity to look at it then, and he has soccer tonight, so I would have more time there. I thought I was being very smart by pacing myself, and enjoying it slowly. HAAAAAAA!!!

So this morning I get up and get ready to go, and then I went to get the treasure I had waited to read.....guess what. I CAN'T FIND IT!!! IT HAS DISAPPEARED INTO THIN AIR!!!! AAAAAHHHHH!

Ok, I have blamed my husband for eating it (he was complaining about being hungry last night and there was nothing in the house to eat). I have offered rewards for its safe return. So far nothing!

Anyone know of a good therapist? I may not get over this!!! I guess this means that the requested house cleaning book from Carrie needs to be out quickly!! I think it should be sent to me first, and maybe it should be super big so I don't lose it! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
SEE :shock: THIS is why you should never wait. Self Control is overrated.
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Marty D

Post by Marty D » Thu May 29, 2008 8:53 pm

I feel the slightest bit of sarcasm in a few of your posts! :o I am also noticing that none of you have offered to send me your copy! Do you guys not know about the golden rule! LOL

It will turn up...and yes, it will be in the last place I look!

MamaMary, as always you have very wise words. I will do better next time!
Martha

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Thu May 29, 2008 9:33 pm

Marty D wrote: MamaMary, as always you have very wise words. I will do better next time!
(very serious tone) Thank You, I try Martha, I try..., ( :wink: :lol: )
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Thu May 29, 2008 9:41 pm

Martha Martha Martha *shaking head sadly* I sure wish I could help you out *as I leaf through BOTH of my copies of the catalog* Hmmmm....that really is a bummer. :twisted:
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu May 29, 2008 9:42 pm

Mary and Martha - you've got me cracking up here! You know, I do believe Mike and Carrie would be glad to send you another one dear! :lol: But, you know, it probably will show up in the place you least expect it. I accused my dh of taking the "r" out of my "P-R-A-Y" magnets on the fridge, to spell "P-A-Y" - my dh is a prankster, so I was sure he'd done this. I had to sheepishly apologize when I found the missing "R" in the frozen corn bag when I made corn one night. :oops: You just never know where that catalog might turn up!

In Christ,
Julie

P.S. Mary - self-control is over-rated... now where are the rest of those M & M's? :lol:
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Thu May 29, 2008 9:43 pm

OK! Now that my evil side has had a say. Martha, I sure hope you find your catalog. They have done such a fabulous job and I can't wait for the next one to come out even though I am YEARS from doing it.

I am like you. I set something down and it suddenly disappears. I seriously think my house eats anything of mine. My kids and hubby never lose a thing, but if I touch it....*Poof!* it is gone. So I commiserate with you. I hope it turns up!

:D
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

Amey

Oh me!

Post by Amey » Thu May 29, 2008 9:48 pm

Oh my GAWSH! You guys have me cracking up here! :lol: :lol: This thread is tooo funny! My cheeks hurt from perma-grin! :D :D :D
Amey
Missionary Mama in Mexico to Benjamin 02, Averic 04 and Deacon 07 and our first GIRL, Phoebe, born August 16, 2009
using Bigger Hearts for my 2nd grade son, finished Beyond last year for 1st
Come visit our family website! http://www.familyafair.com

Marty D

Post by Marty D » Thu May 29, 2008 9:51 pm

Jessi wrote: Martha, I sure hope you find your catalog. They have done such a fabulous job

:D
Ok Jessi, you can quite rubbing it in!!!!! :)
Martha

Marty D

Post by Marty D » Thu May 29, 2008 9:57 pm

my3sons wrote:Mary and Martha - you've got me cracking up here! You know, I do believe Mike and Carrie would be glad to send you another one dear! :lol: But, you know, it probably will show up in the place you least expect it. I accused my dh of taking the "r" out of my "P-R-A-Y" magnets on the fridge, to spell "P-A-Y" - my dh is a prankster, so I was sure he'd done this. I had to sheepishly apologize when I found the missing "R" in the frozen corn bag when I made corn one night. :oops: :lol:
I am dying to know how your "R" got in a bag of frozen corn!!! :D

I am expecting it to show up, but if it shows up in any vegetables, I am really going to be shocked!!!

And by the way, if you think we (Mary and Martha) are funny, you should meet our brother, Lazarus. He is a hoot!
Martha