Mismatched book and guide

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Dustybug

Mismatched book and guide

Post by Dustybug » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:06 pm

Hmm. I think I might have the wrong edition of Stories of the Pilgrims for my Beyond TM. The readings have seemed a little off for the last week or so and then today in Unit 7, Day 4, the Science Exploration box said to look at a picture on page 80 in the book and there is no picture there. There isn't a picture at all that seems to be like what the TM describes. :/
Dusty
Mommy to
Gabriella (7) BLHFHG, ETC, Song School Latin
Aron (5) TMJ's Fruit for Tender Hearts, ETC, Singapore Essentials Math K
Lydia (3) Learning letters, numbers, shapes, and colors
http://www.tothemoonandbackblog.net

TrueGRIT

Re: Mismatched book and guide

Post by TrueGRIT » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:35 pm

What is the copyrights for the book and guide?
My guide says updated 2010 and for unit 7, day 4 does not reference Stories of the Pilgrims.
It says to place a cookie sheets at angle down several steps and roll a 'barrel' up the ramp.
KEY IDEA: the Pilgrims worked hard to load the boat with supplies for their move to America.

My book Stories . . . has a copyright date of 1991.
HTH,
Mikki
Mikki
Ds 12- tutoring
Ds 9- Preparing
Dd 7 - Beyond and ER's
Ds 2- LHTH (sort of)

raceNzanesmom

Re: Mismatched book and guide

Post by raceNzanesmom » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:35 pm

My guide and book didn't line up for some things. I just used the key idea box to find what I needed in the book. It worked fine the entire year.
~Angie
Helpmeet to James for twenty six years
Mom to Race, 23- homeschool grad and Zane, 12- RTR