First day of LHFHG with 7 and 6 yr. old boys

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
ShariCA

First day of LHFHG with 7 and 6 yr. old boys

Post by ShariCA » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:46 pm

I've had LHFHG for over a year and it's been hard to wait, but I knew my 6 yr. old needed to wait. I thought it might be too young for my 7 yr. old, but I think it's a great fit for both of them. We did all the activites and they both LOVED them. They really need the activities and having them scheduled in already makes it so much easier to do them.

I slowed down and did each box with purpose rather than just checking it off (I'm bad about that) and it made it fun for them. I really think they got it. It feels good to know that we are now able to do this guide and that I have a plan in front of me instead of trying to wing it.

tiffanieh

Re: First day of LHFHG with 7 and 6 yr. old boys

Post by tiffanieh » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:43 am

So glad it's going well for you! I too did this guide with my 7 year old and 5 year old! It was such a wonderful guide. My faith grew exponentially actually thru this guide! I hope your year is as special for you as it was for me! Enjoy this age...it goes quickly!
Tiffanie
http://www.thehagefamily.blogspot.com
Enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, 1/2 of BHFHG and now doing PHFHG
Mommy to Ethan (10) and Ashton (9)

homefire

Post by homefire » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:40 am

Sometimes it's hard to wait, especially when others around you seem to be so far ahead, but it is so worth it if that's what's best. Thx for mentioning how you slowed down and porpoise fully did each box. I'm a box-checker too and it was a good reminder.
Daughter of the King, wife to my firefighting hubby, and Mom to my three blessings.
LM: 7yo dd Beyond for 2nd grade, AIG Answers for Kids, piano
CL: 6yo ds LHFHG, AIG for Kids, starting piano this year!
AM: 4yo dd LHTH and some LHFHG

keyjoh

Post by keyjoh » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:58 am

ShariCA wrote:
I slowed down and did each box with purpose rather than just checking it off
Thanks so much for this little reminder!
----------
Bigger Hearts For His Glory (DD9)
Beyond Little Hearts For His Glory (DS7)
Little Hands To Heaven (DS3)

keyjoh

Post by keyjoh » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:59 am

I am so glad that LHFHG is working out so wonderfully for you! :lol:
----------
Bigger Hearts For His Glory (DD9)
Beyond Little Hearts For His Glory (DS7)
Little Hands To Heaven (DS3)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:50 am

Well this was great to hear! :D I really do love doing LHFHG. It is such a neat way to give an overview of history that keeps God at the center. :D Your words here really spoke to me...

I slowed down and did each box with purpose rather than just checking it off (I'm bad about that) and it made it fun for them. I really think they got it.

This is a goal of mine too this year for ds doing LHFHG! :D Thanks for being an encouragement here today. As I get ready to pick up LHFHG after our break here, this is a sunny dose of inspiration. God bless you as you look for the delight in homeschooling He gives! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie