Kind of feaking out! MTMM....

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Teena6

Kind of feaking out! MTMM....

Post by Teena6 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:18 pm

just went to order the MTMM guide.... and it says EARLY SEPT! I thought it was middle August. Is there a thread about this?

I have borrowed lots of books, bought some from half.com, had some.... and planned to start as soon as the guide came.

please someone share.....

I am so excited about this program....

:cry: :?
grace & peace,
Teena
mom to 1/2 doz & DIL
using BHFHG & MTMM (in the fall 2012)

Teena6

Re: Kind of feaking out! MTMM....

Post by Teena6 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:43 pm

11 ppl have read and no one has commented?? Any ideas?

Have any of you ordered your MTMM yet?
grace & peace,
Teena
mom to 1/2 doz & DIL

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:10 pm

I am excited to be doing MTMM this year with my oldest ds as well! We will have to share our year in MTMM together here. I do think it will be out in mid-Sept., and I know that is a few weeks later then first planned. I am Carrie's sister, and our father was very recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He had a major life threatening surgery called a whipple procedure and is still attempting to recover from it enough to begin chemo and radiation. Our father's health concerns resulted in a delay in completing the MTMM guide. So very sorry for this inconvenience! :(

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Teena6

Post by Teena6 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:28 pm

oh, Julie, thank you so much for answering. I was just so excited... and kept telling myself I needed to order asap. Then saw the different date. So you think I should just go ahead and order and when it is ready she will just ship it right?

I am so sorry to hear about your Father. I will be praying for him.

oh and very excited to hear that you will be doing MTMM too!

much love~
grace & peace,
Teena
mom to 1/2 doz & DIL

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:36 pm

Thank you so much for your response here! It has been really difficult with our dad, but we have felt so supported by the ladies through prayer and kind words here on this board through it all. Your prayers are so coveted and appreciated, as he has a long road ahead of him. We have had to depend on the Lord heavily through this all, as there have been many setbacks along the road to recovery. As far as MTMM, I do think I'd just go ahead and order it, as we will ship them out as soon as they are back from printing. Again, I am so sorry for the inconvenience and would give anything to have our dad's health back and to be able to get the guide out on time. The Lord had other plans, but He always knows best. You are the first person I have had to tell, and I had some tears typing my first response to you. Thank you for your kindness! It really means a lot to me.

Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

Teena6

Post by Teena6 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:52 pm

Please, Julie, accept my apology .... I am so sorry that I jumped ... was just preplanning and saw that. Came right to the message board. I am so sorry if I hurt you in any way.... I understand completely. I am so thankful for this curriculum. It has literally changed the way we learn. I hope it is ok to share with you... my daughter is so mission minded. She sponsors a little girl from the Philippines and writes her every month. The little girl named Jazzy Rain writes her back too... as Lysa (my daughter) looked at several of the books we have... "Escape from Siagon," etc. She was so ready to start right then. She wants to make a difference .... MTMM is so where she is at. God did this.

Lysa is our first child to learn this way.... more charolette mason, more living books.... not so institutionized...if that makes sense.

anyway sorry to ramble....

again, I am praying for your dad.... for Carrie & you.

grace & peace. May His strength....give you comfort.
grace & peace,
Teena
mom to 1/2 doz & DIL

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:19 pm

Teena - please know you didn't hurt me in any way, and you certainly don't have anything at all to apologize for! I just have a tough time 'talking' about my dad having cancer. In fact, it's still hard to say the word 'cancer' for me in the same sentence as 'my dad'. :cry: It is just painful, but that has nothing at all to do with you or your post here. We wish with all our hearts the guide was going to be out at the end of August too - you are so not alone in that thought! We are just depending on God now in so many ways. I think that is so special that your dd has someone she supports in missions. That is precious, and I think MTMM will really touch her heart. Thanks so much for your words here! God bless you!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:16 pm

Teena,

Julie did a great job of answering you. I will also post below the message that we sent this morning to all those families who have purchased MTMM from us for the upcoming school year. :D

We are grateful for valued customers like you who have purchased Missions to Modern Marvels, and we realize that many of you may have purchased the guide with the intention of starting earlier than our current estimated September ship date. We sincerely apologize for the adjustment in our ship date, which is largely due to the fact that Carrie's father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer several months ago. He underwent major surgery followed by 6 weeks in the hospital. After finally returning home, he experienced complications that required further hospitalization and even now requires daily visits to the hospital for IVs. Nine months of chemotherapy are ahead for him. This definitely affected the time available for Carrie to write as we also happened to be in the midst of our convention season throughout this time. With all that has gone on in our family over the past months, we feel grateful to the Lord that we are still looking at an early September ship date.

In pondering how best to serve our customers, we have decided that it is very important for us to make using Missions to Modern Marvels a successful experience for you. We want you to have a great first few weeks of our new guide, and to do that we believe that you would need the entire guide with a full Appendix, full Introduction, and complete Student Notebook. The guide truly will not function well without any of these pieces. The Appendix and the Introduction are the last things to be written in our guides. Stopping to write those pieces now would be very difficult without having the entire guide in hand and would only delay the ship date.

There is also an extensive editing process that takes place all throughout the writing of the guide but especially during the last 4-5 days prior to sending the book off to our printer. Changing or rushing this process would result in things being missed, and we have no desire to send out copies that contain errors that would usually be caught in the normal process. With this in mind, we have decided that having only a portion of the guide would only lead to frustration for both you and your students. This is not the experience we desire for your family.

Carrie is now fully underway with the writing and is progressing very well. We are anticipating receipt of the guides in final form from our printer on September 11. The guides would ship out the following day, along with all backordered materials needed for starting your school year. We are very motivated to finish the guide by this time, as we will need it for our own son for the upcoming school year.

One way to gain time for those of you who may be used to starting earlier would be to use the guides 5 days a week, even though the guides are written for 4 days a week. We have done this ourselves in the past, and we were able to finish in mid-April (after beginning in mid-September). If this is not feasible, you could consider doing just math on the 5th day of each week to finish it on time, and then either carryover the guide into the next school year one month or consider not finishing the final month of the guide (which I hate to even mention, but it is a possibility just this once).

If these options do not seem feasible to you, and you prefer to return the guide due to the delayed ship date, we will gladly pay your return shipping and fully refund your order. You may also return all Missions to Modern Marvels related materials as long as they are in new condition. We want your experience with Missions to Modern Marvels to be a good one!

In closing, if you feel led to pray for our family, or for Carrie's father Ken, we would be very grateful. We know many of you have been touched by similar situations, and we trust the Lord for His provision in all things.

In Christ,
Mike and Carrie Austin

scampbell2003

Post by scampbell2003 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:03 pm

Thanks for the update on your dad Carrie and Julie. I have been thinking and praying for him over these past months. This is near and dear to my heart being a daddy's girl myself. Sorry to hear he has had more complications. :( I will continue to pray for all of you.
Samantha wife to Matt 11 years!

Mom to
Madison DD 10 5th grade Bigger Hearts
Colin DS 8 2nd grade Little Hearts
Logan DS 4 Pre PreK Little Hands
Evan DS almost 2

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Can I just say how awesome HOD is! :D So many companies delay for so much longer for reasons that do not even compare to this and would say nothing. That HOD would write an apology at all is so reflective of how they are. I know God is going to bless all the families that wait and also Carrie and Julie's family for their integrity even in such hard times. You guys are awesome!!!!

And hopefully this is a big reminder to all of us to be on our knees for HOD with our kids for healing. This is a family business and I have seen the HOD family be there for so many people and be so faithful in their prayers for us. It would be great if we could storm Heaven for them! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Tiffini

Post by Tiffini » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:06 pm

I so agree with you, Brenda. I love to think of all the HOD users praying for Carrie and Julie and their families and their parents, especially for their dad's healing. I, too, am amazed at how dedicated Carrie is to keep writing AND to keep caring for her family. I believe it is only possible through the ministry of the Spirit and God's power is being displayed in their lives. We are so blessed to have found HOD and to be a part of the HOD family. I am especially praying for family relationships in the midst of all this stress and that God would multiply their time miraculously as He is so capable of doing. We'll keep praying, gals, and keep us updated on specific requests for your dad and for the business.
Tiffini
DD (21 ) Graduated! Used HOD from 5th Grade through 12th Grade!
B/G Twins (18) Graduated! Used HOD from 3rd through 12th Grade!
DS (12) and DS (10)- Preparing Hearts
HOD Users since 2008

mskogen

Post by mskogen » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:33 am

Carrie & Julie,

Praying for your family! Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.
Blessings,
Michelle

Wife to dh since 2000
ds 15 years old, World History
ds 14 years old, World History
ds 11 years old, RTR
dd 9 years old, Preparing
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, MTMM, WG, enjoying WH