Enjoying the summer, but looking forward to more HOD!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
psreit

Enjoying the summer, but looking forward to more HOD!

Post by psreit » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:57 pm

I just have to say that, although I am enjoying our summer break, I often think about getting into our next guide - Bigger! It seems strange to be looking forward to school when there are so many fun things going on through July. :lol: This is proof that HOD is such a wonderful curriculum. I have been learning so much myself and, although the three R's are a little on the harder side for dd, I know she has been learning and maturing through these guides. Don't want to rush the summer, but had to share my thoughts. :D Thank you HOD for making school exciting! :D
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. III John 4
Pam
dh 33 yrs
ds29 church planter in MA
dd27 SAH mom
dd26
dd 12
3 dgs(5,2, & born 6/15) & 2 dgd(3 & born 2/15)

gmhaynes

Re: Enjoying the summer, but looking forward to more HOD!

Post by gmhaynes » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:45 pm

Pam,
I couldn't agree more! Every summer, I think to myself "We should school year round! What do we need a break for?" I'm enjoying extra time to get house projects done but I am heading into Preparing in the fall and I am so excited I can't stand it! I am certain that HOD has a lot to do with our excitement about school. I see mom's who are NOT using it and dread the new year...
Wife to Guy for 13 years
dd9 in Preparing
ds7 in Beyond
ds5 in LHFHG
ds3 starting LHTH
Deut 6:4-9

glperky

Post by glperky » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:03 pm

We haven't started HOD yet bit plan on starting in the fall with LHFHG. I can hardly wait. Then I wonder why I am waiting, we HS after all, I can start when I want!! :lol:
Married to my best friend since Oct. 1989
DS 25
DS 20
DS 12
DS 10
And one - waiting in Heaven

I am way outnumbered and loving it!

psreit

Post by psreit » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:10 pm

I couldn't do school year round. June and July are pretty busy. I did want to continue some math and reading, but I'm not getting very far. :roll: :oops: I hope it is not too hard for dd to get back in the groove. August 6th is the target date for the beginning of our new school year. :D
Pam
dh 33 yrs
dd27 SAH mom
dd26
dd 12

psreit

Post by psreit » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:10 pm

I couldn't do school year round. June and July are pretty busy. I did want to continue some math and reading, but I'm not getting very far. :roll: :oops: I hope it is not too hard for dd to get back in the groove. August 6th is the target date for the beginning of our new school year. :D
Pam
dh 33 yrs
dd27 SAH mom
dd26
dd 12

RachelB

Post by RachelB » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:23 pm

This is us to a "t"! We are having a wonderfully fun summer, but I can't help but check the board and dream about when I get to order our books for next year! I am so thankful the Lord led us to HOD - I can't believe that next year will be our 4th year!
Rachel

mommy to
Kailee - 12
Gracie - 8
Kaden - 7
Mollie - 3
Brynlee - 5 months

2 ^^ in heaven
happily married to Brian for 12 years

2014- 2015 - Using RevtoRev, Preparing, Beyond & maybe LHTH!

Mumkins

Post by Mumkins » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:17 am

Me too! Summer in July and August here, but I've decided to start in August. We'll do 4 weeks of school with a one week break, plus July off. I've never tried it before, but, I really don't like having 2 months of unstructured time. And it keeps us from having to take a long break:)
7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG