completely off topic!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Melanie

completely off topic!

Post by Melanie » Tue May 20, 2008 9:13 am

Hi Ladies!
I'm going for my radiation treatment today to "kill" my thyroid, and, well.....as much as I've prayed about this and have told myself and everyone around me that I'm fine and calm about it, the truth is I'm very nervous. I really don't know what to expect. I was told that I can't be within 4 feet of other people for 4 days, so my parents have taken my kiddos home with them for the week (I miss them terribly, but that's a whole other post! :( )
It will take about 7 weeks for my thyroid to stop working and then I will start medication. I covet your prayers, dear friends, that everything will go as planned. I've been told that I will feel like a new person when this is all over with, and as bad as I feel now, I'm hoping that's true! :lol:
I'm not sure I'll be able to touch the computer for a day or two, but I may put on my gloves just so I can check in! I'll miss you all too much!
Thank you in advance as I already know I'll be lifted up by all you dear ladies!
:D Mel
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

Tiffini

Post by Tiffini » Tue May 20, 2008 9:44 am

I am praying for you, Melanie!
Tiffini
DD (21 ) Graduated! Used HOD from 5th Grade through 12th Grade!
B/G Twins (18) Graduated! Used HOD from 3rd through 12th Grade!
DS (12) and DS (10)- Preparing Hearts
HOD Users since 2008

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Tue May 20, 2008 9:48 am

I'm praying for you, too, Melanie!! Praying for the peace of God that passes all understanding, my friend.

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

momof4

Post by momof4 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:00 am

Melanie,

I'll be praying for you and your family. What a tough for you all. Take of yourself and keep us posted!

Laurie
dd's 22, 17
ds 9 - Bigger
dd 5 - LHFHG

granolamom6

Post by granolamom6 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:02 am

Prayers are going up from Florida for you!

Not to make light of your situation, and, please know, I love my children dearly, but, some of us would really love a week to ourselves! What is that like? :)

I am saying all that to encourage you to see the blessing in this trial. :) And, I feel for you as I have my own thyroid issues.

In Him,
Christa, wife to Sonnie since '93

ds- 13
dd - 10
dd - 7
dd - 4 — LHTH
And another blessing due in March '09.

Visit my blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/granolamom6/

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Tue May 20, 2008 10:10 am

Melanie,
Thanks for sharing with us. You know we'll be praying for you.
Crystal
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

susie in ms

Post by susie in ms » Tue May 20, 2008 10:13 am

Hi Mel,

I have hyper t and it has been severe in the past. I have been doing a ton of things to save my thyroid, so I know how you feel about having it killed. I will keep you in my prayers!!!

Susie ~
Susie ~ servant to Christ, wife to Ricky for 25 years, mom to Trisha 22, Kris 21, Joshua 19 and Hannah Grace almost 4.
Loving Little Hands to Heaven!

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Tue May 20, 2008 10:23 am

Thank you all so very much! I had to go to work with my dh today, so I am bored to tears waiting to go to the hospital.... :roll: He drives to the city once a week (works from home rest of week) so he picked today to be here (Kansas City) but we had to leave this morning at 4:30! I'm in Kansas today Kathleen!
granolamom6 wrote: Not to make light of your situation, and, please know, I love my children dearly, but, some of us would really love a week to ourselves! What is that like? :)
I'm cracking up!! :lol: I made a big list of stuff I wanted to get done while they're gone.... organize and clean. :roll: My kids are not gone often. In fact, it's been almost 2 years since they last went to my mom and dad's by themselves. They're in MS with Susie and Vickie....and I thought there was someone else here from MS??? drawing a blank...... I may just veg on the couch with a bowl of popcorn (and a diet dp) and watch a movie!!!
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

dcafamily

Post by dcafamily » Tue May 20, 2008 10:25 am

will be praying for you Mel!! hoping all goes well and time goes quickly for you.
Dawn in dfw, tx mommy to
delainey using LHFHG
chandler using LHTH
and darianna just tagging along

SoaringEagle

Post by SoaringEagle » Tue May 20, 2008 10:36 am

I have prayed and will continue to pray for you

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Tue May 20, 2008 10:52 am

Melanie,

I'm praying right now that God will give you courage, strength, and His wonderful peace. May His hand be on the doctors and nurses, and all of the people involved in this process, that He will guide them to know exactly how to do this! I also pray His blessings on you and your husband; that even though this is a time of necessary separation from your children, and you miss them so much, that He will renew your love for one another and you will be able to enjoy the time you have to focus on one another without the distractions that come with caring for and teaching your children.

I have enjoyed getting to know you on this board, and I consider you my 'cyber friend'! God loves you so much and we do too; He will comfort you...

Let us know how things go, as we will be thinking about you and praying for you until we hear from you again! :)

In Christ's Love,

Wendy

happy@home

Post by happy@home » Tue May 20, 2008 12:06 pm

Melanie,

May God give you strength and peace!

May you feel His ever-present loving arms wrapped around you!

we6rblessed

Praying here

Post by we6rblessed » Tue May 20, 2008 12:17 pm

My dh had this done years ago and had no problems.
I know you are nervous, but you will do fine and feel so much better when they get your thyroid levels adjusted.
~Linda

Jen in Va

Post by Jen in Va » Tue May 20, 2008 1:18 pm

Praying here too! My s-i-l had this done several years ago, too.
Jen
Hsing mom of 3:
DS (20) college, home educated k-12
DD (17) 12th grade (2009-10), home educated
DS (6) Beyond (2009-10, have already started--loving it, btw!)

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Tue May 20, 2008 3:09 pm

(((Mel)))

I pray that the procedure went well my friend. I am so sorry that you are struggling with this. I pray that you felt the Father right there with you throughout the whole procedure. I will keep looking for an update!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/