Rev to Rev Science-Exploration Ed. ordering

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Sue G in PA

Rev to Rev Science-Exploration Ed. ordering

Post by Sue G in PA » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:02 pm

I have a quick question about ordering extra kits for the Exploration Education Physical Science. I will have 2 children using the Advanced and 2 using the Intermediate. I see that I can order extra logbooks through HOD but I will need an Intermediate supply kit as well. Will I have to order this through the Exploration Ed website or can I order that from HOD? I was hoping to save myself the shipping b/c t's $12 shipping from the company website! :( Thanks!

blessedmomof4

Re: Rev to Rev Science-Exploration Ed. ordering

Post by blessedmomof4 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:48 pm

I believe you do not need an intermediate supply kit of you have an advanced kit-the advanced kit includes all the supplies that are in the intermediate kit, plus the additional projects for the advanced student. You just need the appropriate log books. The intermediate student does science 3 days a week, while the advanced student does 5 days.
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

Sue G in PA

Post by Sue G in PA » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:17 pm

I might be mistaken, but I believe that the Advanced kit only contains materials for ONE student to complete the projects. I am talking about the supplies necessary to make the different projects. My older 2 boys can certainly share and make the projects together but I would like extra supplies so that my younger 2 boys can also share and make their own projects. Does that make sense? On the website, there is a package that includes additional supplies for another student to make each project as well as a logbook. I only see additional logbooks here at HOD...not additional supplies to make the projects.

blessedmomof4

Post by blessedmomof4 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:14 am

Oh I understand-you actually can buy just the intermediate kit (which includes 1 intermediate log book) on HOD's site-it is listed for $119.95, just add it individually to the online shopping cart.
So, I am guessing you would order: One "science option 2" (which includes the inventor study books plus 1 set of student pages, the EE advanced kit and 1 advanced log book) one intermediate kit, 3 extra inventor study student pages, one extra advanced logbook, and one extra intermediate logbook-this would cover science for all 4 kiddos, do I have that right?
The only thing is, each kit also includes the CD-Rom of lessons, so buying an intermediate kit means you will have an "extra" CD-Rom-but I can see how it might be difficult to share the supplies of one kit with 4 children, even though for the first three days of the week, the advanced students are doing the exact same lessons/projects as the intermediate students. The advanced students do additional lessons/projects on days 4 and 5. So, I guess it's up to you if you feel you want more supplies so everyone can participate more fully since you have so many students sharing.
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

Sue G in PA

Post by Sue G in PA » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:29 pm

Thanks Lourdes. I think I might just have to order from the publisher's website then. I won't need another CD...just another supplies kit which sells for $89 on the website (comes with materials to complete all projects and a logbook). My ds12 is the only one actually doing HOD Rev to Rev as written. Ds14 is using another curriculum for 9th grade but will use this science program along with ds12. Those are my 2 advanced boys. I just loved the look of this science program and thought my younger 2 boys would enjoy it as well. They will not be using HOD next year and I can't say that either one will get to use Rev to Rev...I just don't know! My long term plans never really pan out the way I think they will, lol!

Prairiegirl40

Post by Prairiegirl40 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:00 pm

Sue, this is what I did last year. We needed an extra supply kit and ordered it from EE.