RTR Postcards

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
annaz

RTR Postcards

Post by annaz » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:54 pm

Does anyone who has done RTR have a pic or a link to one on using the postcard template?

I'm wondering if there's enough room to do all that is needed on a page to include drawing or writing and gluing it to a page?

I've looked in the photobook, but I can't get it large enough to see it.
Married 1994
One DD 6/2000
One DH :)
One cat
One dog
Three horses :shock:

my3sons

Re: RTR Postcards

Post by my3sons » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:44 am

Hi annaz! Here are a few of Wyatt's RTR postcards...

The space is intentionally kept smaller, which Wyatt especially enjoyed. :D Postcards are meant to be short, and the space of the box forces dc to choose what to share. This sorting and sifting of information and what to share (as CM said) helps dc to think carefully and choose purposefully what to include in their postcard. This is actually a harder skill for some students than writing pages of thoughts. :wink: HTH! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

annaz

Post by annaz » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:35 am

Hi Julie. Thanks for the pics, but the postcards I'm talking about are the ones from A Child's Geography for Science in RTR that you print from the CD, then glue in the Science Notebook. :D
Married 1994
One DD 6/2000
One DH :)
One cat
One dog
Three horses :shock:

holdinon

Post by holdinon » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:42 pm

We did the postcards, and DD did have just a slight issue with sizing at the very beginning. But after the first one or two, she could picture the end result and adjust her writings/drawings accordingly. They ended up being a very nice addition to the science notebook. I am heading out the door for date night (insert jumping up and down, cheering smiley icon here :wink: ), and I am not that great at posting pictures anyway (they always turn out either too big or too small). But if no one else gets back to you soon, I will try to post some in a day or two.
Ang
2013-2014 year:
Geography, CtC, Preparing, Bigger, Beyond, and Little Hearts (and surviving!)

(Completed LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, Preparing, CtC, RtR, and RevtRev)