Rev2Rev testimonies on Board Index?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Heather4Him

Rev2Rev testimonies on Board Index?

Post by Heather4Him » Thu May 31, 2012 10:42 pm

I noticed that the last post for Rev2Rev experiences is from last year, and there are no testimonies up as it still says it is a "new guide". I am hoping that there will be some soon, as we are gearing up for Rev2Rev and I'm super excited!! Does anyone know if they are not able to be posted yet, or if there just haven't been enough that have used that guide yet?
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

my3sons

Re: Rev2Rev testimonies on Board Index?

Post by my3sons » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:23 am

Thank you for asking this! I have talked to many ladies who have loved RevtoRev this year, and also have read about many positive experiences with it here on the board - but no one has posted a testimonial yet. :( I know everyone is busy, but I am hopeful ladies will take even 5 minutes to type their testimonials, as it is so helpful to others looking at using HOD. I posted asking ladies to share their HOD year with others too. It's had a lot of looks but no responses...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11958

I know this is a super busy time of year for all, but it also is a great time to share testimonials as our year is fresh in our mind. I want to share myself, and I probably will, but I am Carrie's sister, so I know not everyone takes as much stock in what I say. Anyway, I hope others do share! It really would be a great way to say thanks to Mike and Carrie, as I know they both look for and read the new testimonials, and take much inspiration from them in this busy season of writing, researching, helping with placement, and shipping. Thanks so much for asking! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

blessed2five

Post by blessed2five » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:36 pm

I too am anxious to hear some testimonies on RevtoRev especially from those families that have used it with high school age children. How did it go? What did you use to complete your English, history, Bible and possible government credits? Did anyone beef up the music study for credit and if so what did you use? As I look at it all I get so excited to have her start her 9th grade year but still have a lot of planning and ordering to do!
Emily
Homeschooling mom to 5dc, wife to wonderful dh
dd 13 finished RTR onto RevtoRev in the fall
dd 10 Preparing
dd 5 ready for LHFHG
ds 16, dd 3

abrightmom

Post by abrightmom » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:52 pm

my3sons wrote:Thank you for asking this! I have talked to many ladies who have loved RevtoRev this year, and also have read about many positive experiences with it here on the board - but no one has posted a testimonial yet. :( I know everyone is busy, but I am hopeful ladies will take even 5 minutes to type their testimonials, as it is so helpful to others looking at using HOD. I posted asking ladies to share their HOD year with others too. It's had a lot of looks but no responses...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11958

I know this is a super busy time of year for all, but it also is a great time to share testimonials as our year is fresh in our mind. I want to share myself, and I probably will, but I am Carrie's sister, so I know not everyone takes as much stock in what I say. Anyway, I hope others do share! It really would be a great way to say thanks to Mike and Carrie, as I know they both look for and read the new testimonials, and take much inspiration from them in this busy season of writing, researching, helping with placement, and shipping. Thanks so much for asking! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Julie,

You are Carrie's sister :D and I think you are such an encouragement to her. You are also super joyful and it is refreshing. For what it is worth, your reviews speak volumes! You are very thorough and quite adept at showing how HOD is a superb teaching tool. You don't just say that HOD is wonderful; you show it in your pictures and detailed explanations. I have really appreciated your input and will continue to.
Katrina 8) Wife to Ben, husband extraordinaire! God is so good!
DS21, DS20, DD18
Levi DS14

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:01 pm

Julie,

"Ditto" what Katrina said! It was from reading one of your encouraging posts to someone that led me to jump in and order HOD in the first place! :)

I'm planning to add a testimonial about our year in RTR soon, too. ;)
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:38 pm

Ah, ladies! This is my fault! :oops: I do not have a place where people can post testimonies for Rev2Rev set up yet. Right now the testimonial folder for Rev2Rev says that since it is a new guide there won't be any testimonies yet,so instead it shares the Sneak Peeks for when we were writing Rev2Rev. :wink: You actually can't post a testimony there right now. :roll: I'll remedy it today! :D

So, for those who have finished Rev2Rev or are close to the end, you'll have a new place to post your testimonial now. :D 8)

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:54 am

abrightmom wrote:Julie,
You are Carrie's sister :D and I think you are such an encouragement to her. You are also super joyful and it is refreshing. For what it is worth, your reviews speak volumes! You are very thorough and quite adept at showing how HOD is a superb teaching tool. You don't just say that HOD is wonderful; you show it in your pictures and detailed explanations. I have really appreciated your input and will continue to.
Thank you so much for this, abrightmom! :D This means so much to me, as I have felt the Lord's leading to try to be an encouragement to other homeschool moms just as I in return draw strength from them. My dh is often gone, and I live in the country in a somewhat remote area with few homeschoolers near me. I enjoy sharing my homeschooling journey with others here - it really fills a need for me, as well as helps others in some small way hopefully. I'm in a unique situation being Carrie's sister, but I am also just a homeschool mom that loves using HOD with my own dc. Thanks for understanding my heart's desire to try to encourage others and also to try to enjoy sharing my homeschooling journey with other wonderful ladies like you too! Your words really filled my cup today. :D

Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:01 am

Heather4Him wrote:Julie,

"Ditto" what Katrina said! It was from reading one of your encouraging posts to someone that led me to jump in and order HOD in the first place! :)

I'm planning to add a testimonial about our year in RTR soon, too. ;)
Heather4Him - thank you so much! :D I feel very blessed to be able to have this chance to have a "voice" in this time of my life when I am often home on my own for long periods of time. This board often feels like a place I can come when wanting to be surrounded by other Christian homeschool moms. There are so many people in my life that I cannot share homeschooling with - good people - but people that just don't understand it - or are somewhat hurtful about it without meaning to be. It's easier not to share that part of my life with most people in my life, and that's strange, as homeschooling my dc is a HUGE part of my life. :cry: It is like a breath of fresh air to come here and feel like it's okay to talk about it, to share about it, and to celebrate the journey of it with other moms who have taken on this same calling in life. Thanks for understanding that! :D :D :D

Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:48 pm

Totally understand, Julie! :)
Love in Christ,