I couldn't be happier!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Ruth in FL

I couldn't be happier!

Post by Ruth in FL » Sun May 18, 2008 5:10 am

Yesterday, our box of books to go along with BIGGER arrived.
My 10 yo dd and I couldnt have been happier!
I must say that all the books seem so wonderful!
Due to some family issues this past school year, we got behind in our homeschooling. After seeing all the wonderful books and reading through them, I have decided to homeschool my youngest over the summer. She is thrilled! She is one of those kids who are sad when school ends so she is ready to start on Monday.

My original plan was to use some of the books for my 14yo dd too, but while waiting for my order to arrive, I kept thinking they would be too young for her, meaning that I was stressing about what to buy for her to do for school. Well,after reading through the books like "A First History" and "Stories of Great Americans", I believe they will be excellent reads for my older dd as well. The extension pack has some excellent books so rich in history! That will benefit her so much. I will add age appropriate LA and Math, but that is it!

As an old veteran homeschooler of 14 years, I must tip my hat to you Carrie!
Thanks so much! Ruth
Keep 'em coming!
married 20 yrs to Mark, mom to three daughters 25,14,10
two sons 19 and 17, Nana to two boys 6 and 3.
Proud mother in law of a US Army Soldier.

Jen in Va

Re: I couldn't be happier!

Post by Jen in Va » Sun May 18, 2008 5:17 am

Ruth in FL wrote: As an old veteran homeschooler of 14 years, I must tip my hat to you Carrie!
Thanks so much! Ruth
Keep 'em coming!
We need an agree button! I'd click it 1000 times!
Jen
Hsing mom of 3:
DS (20) college, home educated k-12
DD (17) 12th grade (2009-10), home educated
DS (6) Beyond (2009-10, have already started--loving it, btw!)

susie in ms

Post by susie in ms » Sun May 18, 2008 6:23 am

Sooo happy for you, Ruth!! May everyday be as fun as BOX day!! :D
Susie ~ servant to Christ, wife to Ricky for 25 years, mom to Trisha 22, Kris 21, Joshua 19 and Hannah Grace almost 4.
Loving Little Hands to Heaven!

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sun May 18, 2008 1:50 pm

Woohoo! :D I'll be one of your "Bigger Buddies" this year as we do it along with you. :D I have to agree that even though I thought Bigger and DITHOR looked awesome before I bought them...I was even more impressed when I actually got the books and guide to look through! We won't be starting on Monday with the whole thing...but I think we're going to dive into DITHOR this week.

Enjoy!
:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Sun May 18, 2008 2:17 pm

These kind of posts are my favorites to read! I love it!! :D Kids excited to do school over the summer.......you know you have a good curriculum when that's the case! :lol:
I'm so glad you're here, Ruth. I love hearing sage advice from those who have "been there and done that"! :wink:
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon May 19, 2008 8:04 am

Ladies,

I'm so thrilled that you ladies are pleased with the curriculum and the book choices. Thanks so much for taking the time to post your comments, as it is wonderful to see the Lord fulfilling our prayers through each of you.

It is so encouraging to us that both seasoned and new homeschoolers are able to find things to love in our guides. We pray that each of your school year's may be filled with Christ's blessings!

Thanks again! :D
Carrie

granolamom6

Post by granolamom6 » Mon May 19, 2008 8:15 am

Ruth, I am finding the exact same thing! HOD is a wonderful company with even more wonderful curriculum. I love the living books that are used! I am also using Bigger with older children... my 10 yo dd and my 12 yo ds. In no way have I found it beneath them. I am so glad to hear that you are also using Bigger with an older child. I look forward to hearing about your journey as you go along.
Christa, wife to Sonnie since '93

ds- 13
dd - 10
dd - 7
dd - 4 — LHTH
And another blessing due in March '09.

Visit my blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/granolamom6/

Mommamo

Post by Mommamo » Thu May 22, 2008 6:27 pm

Isn't box day wonderful! :D
Momma to my 4 sweeties:
DD 14 - MTMM and DITHOR (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, took a couple years off, and now she's back!)
DS 11 and DD 9 - Preparing(completed 2 rounds of LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DD 6 - LHFHG

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat May 24, 2008 4:05 pm

O.k. - I know that I MISSED out on this post because I was at a convention, and your box day was awhile ago, but I just still HAD to be a part of it! Hooray for your box day! I love these posts... they are rejuvenating and uplifting to all of us. Thanks so much for sharing!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie