History Stories for Children: question on 2nd edition

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
momofjka

History Stories for Children: question on 2nd edition

Post by momofjka » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:51 am

I should have posted this a month or two ago, but I just haven't had a chance. Has anyone else had any difficulty with the pages/readings in the book "History Stories for Children" (second edition) not lining up with the pages listed to read in the history box of LHFHG? Usually I can at least find the story by looking at the key idea, finding out what it was supposed to be about, and then searching for it in the book. But for the last week, I haven't found the stories AT ALL. (For unit 25 and 26). Then I noticed today that the readings listed were for pages 214-219, but our edition (that we ordered new with the curriculum last year) only goes to page 196. Is the manual for LHFHG only compatible with the first edition? If so, maybe I will look for a used copy of that and sell the second edition copy I currently have. Or perhaps there is a supplemental sheet with the correct pages???
Wife of Jim
Mom of:
Jason (10) PHFHG
Katrina (7) BLHFHG
Anthony (5) LHFHG
Vincent (Born 4/23/2012)

momofjka

Re: History Stories for Children: question on 2nd edition

Post by momofjka » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:57 am

Oh I am so embarrassed!!! I just found a post and never even realized that the alternative schedule was in the front of my book already. Can I hide under the table with my very red face now?? :oops:
Wife of Jim
Mom of:
Jason (10) PHFHG
Katrina (7) BLHFHG
Anthony (5) LHFHG
Vincent (Born 4/23/2012)

deltagal

Post by deltagal » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:02 am

Well, while your hiding under the table you can think about the fact that I not only didn't see the schedule in the front of the book, but I ordered a second book from HOD thinking that I had the wrong copy and ended up with 2 identical books!
With Joy!
Florence

My blog: http://florencebrooks.com/

Began HOD 1/2009
Currently using: Bigger, RTR, Rev to Rev and MTMM

Heidi in AK

Post by Heidi in AK » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:24 am

Oh my, I just noticed this too, after reading your thread! Is there still room under the table? ;)
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com