Received My Catalog Today! (OH MY)

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaMary

Received My Catalog Today! (OH MY)

Post by MamaMary » Wed May 14, 2008 8:30 am

As I sat down and read through the first two pages of the catalog, I felt overwhelmed with emotion. I have said it before, (as have others) but I love the "thought" you and Mike put behind this endeavor. It is not something lightly thrown together. Everything has such purpose. Over the last several months I have heard ponderings from your heart, but this catalog pulled them together and breathed life into a big picture.

I know I am a bit prejudiced, but this is my all time favorite catalog. It's funny because I have a girlfriend who is a diehard Sonlighter and I thought she was a bit "over the top" about getting her catalog every year.

NOW, I get it! :wink:

I couldn't put it down. It's not only informational, but inspirational as well. I know that every year, this is going to be one of the highlights for us "Hoddie's".

The bigger picture is how the Lord is raising up many of us to journey together in this educational philosophy.

I think many of us feel such a sense of community as we come to this board. It's like a living room. I grab my diet dr.Pepper (along w/ Julie and Mel) and you might grab your cup of coffee and we just sit and fill up and then turn around and pour out!

I have a saying for my local homeschool Support Group..., "We're Better Together". I think that summarizes us here as well. We ARE Better Together. Our strengths and weaknesses by themselves are only part of who we are, but together we make a complete picture!

Thank YOU for the time and financial investment you made in this catalog. I will treasure it always and cannot wait to share at our September Homeschool Support Group Meeting!

I love coming to this board and always feeling encouraged in my homeschooling journey. You girls are the BEST!
Last edited by MamaMary on Wed May 14, 2008 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Wed May 14, 2008 8:38 am

I haven't gotten my catalog yet...but I can't help but agree with Mary. It is like coming to a nice, comfy living room..with my cup of coffee! I always look forward to 'hearing' what everyone has to say.

As we've spent this year far from our friends and family, the HOD board has been a wonderful ministry to me. I've made new friends all over the country! And, we still aren't sure, but there is a possiblity that in the fall we could find ourselves living in Europe or elsewhere, and it's nice to know that my friends here won't go anywhere, even if I do. Thanks so much for all that you do Carrie, and Mike and the boys. Our family wouldn't be the same if you guys hadn't heeded God's call on your lives. I'm so thankful... :wink:

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Wed May 14, 2008 8:48 am

inHistiming wrote:I've made new friends all over the country!
I smiled as I read the above. Because I think of you as a friend. When I see your name on the board, it brings a smile to my face and a desire to click and read!

Everytime I buy a flat of Diet Dr. Pepper I think of Mel and Julie. Everytime I read a loud from our history book I think of our Week In Review threads and how I can't wait to share with you, my little boys excited response.

On a side note, many times cyber friends become true friends. I am meeting a cyber friend next month in Orlando. She and I have raised our children together "cyberly" for 8 years! We will meet them at the resort their staying at and swim and play all day.

I see many faces on this board that I've met on other boards..., Linda, Mainly Jen, W2W, Etc...,

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 "Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. 10 If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble."
Last edited by MamaMary on Wed May 14, 2008 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Wed May 14, 2008 8:50 am

Thanks, Mary! You remind me very much of a dear friend of mine, who now lives in TN. She is a strong Christian woman, and is always such an encourager. Very much like you. When I read your posts, your blog, or see your picture, there is always a smile...and I can feel the love of Jesus wrap around me! :D

Candice

Post by Candice » Wed May 14, 2008 9:04 am

Okay, I know I am on computer detention for a while but had to respond...I received the new catalog as well and just had to comment how well put together and beautiful it is, very impressive! HOD is so Christ-centered and wholesome, I love it. And I love that the catalog is a smaller size, just right for taking in the tub or sticking in your purse!
Okay, back to laundry!

Candice :D

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Wed May 14, 2008 9:07 am

Candice wrote:Okay, I know I am on computer detention for a while but had to respond...I received the new catalog as well and just had to comment how well put together and beautiful it is, very impressive! HOD is so Christ-centered and wholesome, I love it. And I love that the catalog is a smaller size, just right for taking in the tub or sticking in your purse!
Okay, back to laundry!

Candice :D
:shock: CANDICE! As soon as I saw your name I knew you cheated and broke your rule! :lol: :lol: :lol:

we6rblessed

Sharing the same thoughts here too!

Post by we6rblessed » Wed May 14, 2008 9:13 am

I just want to take the time to say how much I have appreciated Mary.
I love how she shares of herself so honestly and openly with us all, not afraid of what others may think.
Her determination to be like Jesus is very evident. She has been a role model for me and I look forward to continue this journey along with her.
I also look forward to making many new friends here, ones that we might never actually meet this side of heaven. Knowing that we are not alone on this deserted path means so much, and I treasure the heplful boost that I receive from my fellow "sisters."
How thankful I am for Carrie, for her sacrifice to bring us all this wonderful adventure of learning. May the Lord multiply her gifting and allow her creativity to flow. I pray for an increased annointing, as I am sure that without it, she would not have the ability to write this wonderful HOD curriculum, be a wife, mother and friend.
Thank you all for being a blessing!!

~Linda

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Wed May 14, 2008 10:25 am

What more can I say but Amen! I do feel Mary's excitement through my screen. And I appreciate all of you who share in the common goal to raise Godly kids. Especially Carrie and her husband who have made it easy to teach my kids with a God centered education!
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

Mommamo

Post by Mommamo » Wed May 14, 2008 10:47 am

I'm so glad I've found these boards and this curriculum! Everything is just fabulous!!

So.... we got our order yesterday and with it was the catalog! It is absolutely fabulous. DH even looked at it for a little bit and he really enjoyed it too, and he just doesn't get as excited about homeschooling curriculum as I do, but he even liked looking at it. In fact, I think I may go look it over again while the children are happy. :lol:
Momma to my 4 sweeties:
DD 14 - MTMM and DITHOR (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, took a couple years off, and now she's back!)
DS 11 and DD 9 - Preparing(completed 2 rounds of LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DD 6 - LHFHG

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Wed May 14, 2008 11:21 am

Oh My Goodness! Linda, what a blessing and it truly glorifies the Lord. I know all of my weaknesses, so if you see JESUS it is HIM..., all Him! (Praise the Lord)

I agree Crystal..., Thank YOU Carrie and family for making it easy to give my child a wonderfully balanced, God-Centered Education!

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Wed May 14, 2008 11:41 am

I'm having one of those days where everything makes me "water up"....southern expression....and this post just did it!

I think of you guys all the time! I thought it was just me..... This is my only little computer indulgence, my HOD friends, and my dh teases me about talking about you guys like your my neighbors or something! :lol: This is the nicest place in cyberland!

True confessions....I've sent my sweet little guy running to the mailbox everyday when we see the mailman.....no catalog yet... :(

Candace....YEA!!!! I missed you!!!!!!!!
:D Mel
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Wed May 14, 2008 12:17 pm

When do we get the catalog? Does it come with our order? I am a newbie and I can't wait to look through it. All of your excitement is rubbing off on me and I haven't the foggiest what you are even talking about! :lol:

I am so looking forward to growing with each of you wonderful ladies as we journey together in this blessed journey of motherhood and homeschooling.

You know what I like the most about forums like this? I know that the minute I "step" foot in here, I am surrounded by women who put Jesus Christ first in their families and their families come in a short second. We share the same values. You ladies rock! 8)

God bless ya all!
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Wed May 14, 2008 12:25 pm

Hi Jessi,

WELCOME! You get your catalog with your order or you will get one if you've ordered in the past. You can also call or e-mail and request one:D
Jessi wrote:All of your excitement is rubbing off on me and I haven't the foggiest what you are even talking about! :lol:

I am laughing out loud! I cannot wait to get to know you better Jessi! :D

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Wed May 14, 2008 12:32 pm

As I am you, MamaMary! :D
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed May 14, 2008 1:34 pm

Well I have not even seen it yet but I know it will be great! That is one of the things that you always know. No matter what it is from HOD you are going to love it! And see that is why you know you are some place you can stay and settle in to call "home". I have yet to find one HOD thing that I do not love and keep on loving. It's always good!

But I still can't wait to see the catalog. :lol:
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)