Coloring Pages for "History Stories for Children"?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
tkeller

Coloring Pages for "History Stories for Children"?

Post by tkeller » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:37 pm

My son seems to listen and get more out of the history readings when he can color a page about what we are reading. We have the coloring book for "History for Little Pilgrims" but I'm wondering if anyone has any resources for other coloring pages?
Talitha
Mommy to one 6 year old blessing, and another on the way!
2012-2013 Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory
2011-2012 Little Hearts for His Glory
2010-2011 Little Hands to Heaven (2nd time)
2009-2010 Little Hands to Heaven

netpea

Re: Coloring Pages for "History Stories for Children"?

Post by netpea » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:37 am

You might find pages on the internet to correspond to what you are reading. Searching Google's Images tab makes that easy. I've done that many times for our toddler to have something to color.
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com

KristinBeth

Post by KristinBeth » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:56 pm

I haven't gotten as far as that book yet in LHFHG, but I've just been googling "free coloring page ___" for the various Biblical characters to make a timeline, and will continue to do so as we move through the history portion (sometimes I just draw a little cartoon person myself, even though I'm no artist). :lol:

Heidi in AK

Post by Heidi in AK » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:31 pm

Ditto to Kristin! What we found marvelous is that our Sunday school has mirrored our work in HOD, so often our DD5.5 colors a page going with our coursework in Sunday school! How cool is God to provide that!? :)
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com