I just had to share...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
andreamichele13

I just had to share...

Post by andreamichele13 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:59 pm

....my elation! I received LHFHG today in the mail and I am just in total anticipatory excitement! I LOVE it!!!!! My ds is just going to love this. I have been so stressed about how best to teach my overly hyper son who has little to no attention span and I think he is going to love this program! I'm not too creative when it comes to thinking out of the box. I'm a total nerd and bookworm! haha. So, this is so wonderful that Carrie has thought of so many hands-on activities for little minds and hands! THANK YOU! I am digging in to read everything right now, so I can start tomorrow! :)

Happily,
Andrea :)
ds, age 14
ds, age 8
dd, age 6
one on the way in September 2014!

ninipelley

Re: I just had to share...

Post by ninipelley » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Welcome to HOD! You will LOVE Little Hearts. I am doing in this year for K. My ds is 6 1/2 and very energetic with little attention span as well & the program is a great fit for him. His favorite subject is Bible. That's all I could hope for. Loves the stories and the active history box...Good luck, enjoy your time with your ds.
2011-2012 plan
9.5 yr dd Preparing
7 yr ds finishing LHFHG
4 yr dd learning letters
almost 3yr dd tagging along

Molly

Post by Molly » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:27 pm

Oh yay, I'm so pleased for you. I'm still waiting. The joys of living overseas. Enjoy it.
Michelle, Mum homeschooling four beauties in NZ
DD1 (13): Rev2Rev, DITHR
DD2 (11): CTC, DITHR
DS1 (8): BHFHG
DS2 (4): LHTH

beverett

Post by beverett » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:51 am

Yayyy!!! :D :D :D Rejoicing with you!!! I have all boys and we are loving HOD!! You guys will be thrilled with it too I am sure!! WElcome and I am excited with you!! :D :D
Brandi
Blessed with an amazing hubby and6 beautiful boys
DS-graduated!
DS-8th Rev to Rev
DS-6th RTR
DS-3rd Bigger
DS- 5yo LHTH

DS- 1yo future HODie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:52 pm

HOORAY andreamichele13! :D Have fun pouring over LHFHG and all of its neat resources! We are doing LHFHG now too, and it is just such a happy part of the day for me and my ds. He feels very special to have me allllll to himself during that time, for the rest of our lives, he must share me. :wink: He is very active as well. I bet your ds will love the get up and move Fingerplays and Rhymes, as well as all of the hands-on history art projects. The Bible activities are always a hit for my busy little guy too, as well as the large gross motor skills for the Bible verse memorization (i.e. throw the ball in the basket, bounce pass the balls to each other at the same time, etc.). You have a great time ahead of you with LHFHG - enjoy - and thanks for letting us share in the excitement of your box day! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Kims

Post by Kims » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:33 am

I love LHFHG and get to do it again next year.
Kim S
Jamie 22, Sloane 19, Savannah 18, Collin 9, and Judah 7
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:51 pm

Andrea,

I am so excited for you to have your books in hand and that you are loving what you see! :D We are doing LHFHG right now with our third little guy and loving it too. :D

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm. It blessed my heart today. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

tkeller

Post by tkeller » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:42 pm

I'm also doing LHFHG with a high energy little boy and it's going great! I really think its the perfect curriculum for these busy boys. :wink:
Talitha
Mommy to one 6 year old blessing, and another on the way!
2012-2013 Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory
2011-2012 Little Hearts for His Glory
2010-2011 Little Hands to Heaven (2nd time)
2009-2010 Little Hands to Heaven